On Fri, 2018-10-05 at 15:22 +0000, Fuchs, Andreas wrote: > Hi David, > > are you sure this is about the (default) parent, i.e. primary key ? > > I assume you're talking about the actual key, which I left out for > the specification. > Can this be ? James's code uses the 'parent' handle from the ASN.1 directly if it matches 0x81xxxxxx. If it doesn't, then he has a function equivalent to your init_tpm_primary() function, except that the value used for in.primaryHandle is the one from the ASN.1. Which seems like it's designed to allow the user of other hierarchies. It defaults to RH_OWNER, while yours is hard-coded to that. But I see James is awake now, so I'll defer to him...