On 27.04.22 14:26, Borislav Petkov wrote: > On Wed, Apr 27, 2022 at 08:40:08AM +0200, Juergen Gross wrote: >> I was planning to look at the x86 cpu features to see whether some of >> those might be candidates to be switched to platform features instead. > > I'd say "never touch a running system" unless the platform features are > of an advantage... Depends on the use case IMHO. All features being based on a cpuid bit are no candidates. Same applies to all features used for alternative handling (assuming we don't want to expand that to platform features). I really have no idea whether this will leave any candidates. In case it does, it might be interesting to switch those in order to save some per-cpu bits. Other candidates might be the x86_legacy_features. Juergen