* Adding Vulkan to core-image-weston
@ 2022-09-16 11:43 Edgar Mobile
From: Edgar Mobile @ 2022-09-16 11:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

Greetings,

I'd like to test graphics rendering with Vulkan on an Aarch64 Yocto honister (qemu, host is x64). Can you tell me which parameters I need to add to local.conf to get all libs and headers installed (plus maybe some useful tools and demo if present)?

Regards

* Re: [yocto] Adding Vulkan to core-image-weston
@ 2022-09-16 12:14 ` Alexander Kanavin
From: Alexander Kanavin @ 2022-09-16 12:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Edgar Mobile; +Cc: yocto

You can start by adding vulkan-samples to the image - the recipe is in
core. We do not test vulkan in qemu, because the software vulkan
rendering is still under active development, and marked as
experimental in virglrenderer.

It may help if you use qemux86_64 and kvm for it, because software
graphical paths are too slow without it generally.

Alex

@ 2022-09-16 17:17   ` Edgar Mobile
From: Edgar Mobile @ 2022-09-16 17:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alexander Kanavin; +Cc: yocto

Ok, so I switched to Kirkstone and added vulkan-samples to CORE_IMAGE_EXTRA_INSTALL.
But no libvulkan.so in /usr/lib.

Am I missing something?

________________________________

@ 2022-09-17  8:28     ` Alexander Kanavin
From: Alexander Kanavin @ 2022-09-17  8:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Edgar Mobile; +Cc: yocto

If the samples don't link with libvulkan directly, it won't get pulled
into the images. How are they loading that library, is it via dlopen()
somewhere? Invisible dlopen() dependencies typically need to be listed
explicitly in RDEPENDS.

As a quick fix, you can add vulkan-loader to the same
CORE_IMAGE_EXTRA_INSTALL list.

Alex

@ 2022-09-19  7:36       ` Edgar Mobile
From: Edgar Mobile @ 2022-09-19  7:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alexander Kanavin; +Cc: yocto

Greetings,

I see the libvulkan.so.* libs now, but I don't see any sample binaries that look like Vulkan. Is there a list somewhere for all the files in vulkan-samples?
Regards

________________________________

@ 2022-09-19  8:25         ` Alexander Kanavin
From: Alexander Kanavin @ 2022-09-19  8:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Edgar Mobile; +Cc: yocto

I suppose you need to look at compile and install logs for vulkan-samples.
And how the installed items get split into packages. I’m short, inspect
${WORKDIR} for it.

Alex

@ 2022-09-19 12:28           ` Edgar Mobile
From: Edgar Mobile @ 2022-09-19 12:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alexander Kanavin; +Cc: yocto

I have the impression that the only binary vulkan-samples installs is /usr/bin/spirv-cross . Are there other packages that install more samples?

________________________________

@ 2022-09-19 13:31             ` Alexander Kanavin
From: Alexander Kanavin @ 2022-09-19 13:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Edgar Mobile; +Cc: yocto

As I said you need to inspect the working directory of the recipe to find
out what goes where.

Alex

@ 2022-09-19 13:52               ` Edgar Mobile
From: Edgar Mobile @ 2022-09-19 13:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alexander Kanavin; +Cc: yocto

For the time being I use vulkan-tools so I get vulkaninfo. It fails apparently due to no appropriate driver available.
I think adding virtio-experimental to mesa may be necessary, right? Or is there another core recipse that will add mesa vulkan drivers?

Regards

________________________________

@ 2022-09-19 14:20                 ` Alexander Kanavin
From: Alexander Kanavin @ 2022-09-19 14:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Edgar Mobile; +Cc: yocto

I think swrast Vulkan driver may be a better option to start with. At least
that is contained entirely in qemu guest so you won’t have to wrestle with
pass through code paths to the host which are all experimental. It’s
entirely uncharted waters for me as well.

Alex

@ 2022-09-19 14:30                   ` Edgar Mobile
From: Edgar Mobile @ 2022-09-19 14:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alexander Kanavin; +Cc: yocto

What are the qemu params to activate swrast vulkan driver? And do I still need mesa vulkan package? meson logs show it wasnt't compiled with vulkan-drivers.

________________________________

@ 2022-09-19 14:36                     ` Alexander Kanavin
From: Alexander Kanavin @ 2022-09-19 14:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Edgar Mobile; +Cc: yocto

You do, yes. It’s not qemu, it’s in Mesa. You can see the options here:
https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/mesa/mesa/-/blob/main/meson_options.txt

Alex

@ 2022-09-19 14:40                       ` Edgar Mobile
From: Edgar Mobile @ 2022-09-19 14:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alexander Kanavin; +Cc: yocto

Is editing meson_options.txt the recommended way to customize Mesa in Yocto?

________________________________

@ 2022-09-19 15:33                         ` Alexander Kanavin
From: Alexander Kanavin @ 2022-09-19 15:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Edgar Mobile; +Cc: yocto

You need to check the Mesa recipe to see how the build options are defined,
and add swrast to the list of vulkan drivers if necessary. Meson_options
only defines available options in Mesa, not the actual set used in yocto.

Alex

@ 2022-09-19 16:37                           ` Markus Volk
From: Markus Volk @ 2022-09-19 16:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alexander Kanavin; +Cc: Edgar Mobile, yocto

Am Mo, 19. Sep 2022 um 16:33:11 +0100 schrieb Alexander Kanavin
<alex.kanavin@gmail.com>:
> You need to check the Mesa recipe to see how the build options are
> defined

mesa builds vulkan support, if you add 'vulkan' to DISTRO_FEATURES. If
you need to, you can add additional drivers with a line like this to a
mesa_%.bbappend:

VULKAN_DRIVERS:append = ",foo,bar"

* Re: [yocto] Adding Vulkan to core-image-weston
@ 2022-09-19 16:54                             ` Edgar Mobile
From: Edgar Mobile @ 2022-09-19 16:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Markus Volk, Alexander Kanavin; +Cc: yocto

My current configuration is

DISTRO_FEATURES:append = "opengl x11 vulkan"

This wasn't enough for libvulkan.so.* to be installed or vulkaninfo to work. Only the simple weston egl examples work.

I also tried adding virtio-experimental to VULKAN_DRIVERS in mesa.inc, didn't help either.

________________________________

@ 2022-09-19 17:16                               ` Markus Volk
From: Markus Volk @ 2022-09-19 17:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Edgar Mobile; +Cc: Alexander Kanavin, yocto

Am Mo, 19. Sep 2022 um 16:54:52 +0000 schrieb Edgar Mobile
<heideggm@hotmail.com>:
> This wasn't enough

i guess you would also need to add venus support to virglrenderer.bb
for qemu:

DEPENDS:append = "vulkan-loader vulkan-headers"
EXTRA_OEMESON += "-Dvenus-experimental=true"

but i have never tested this

* Re: [yocto] Adding Vulkan to core-image-weston
@ 2022-09-20  7:28                                 ` Edgar Mobile
From: Edgar Mobile @ 2022-09-20  7:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Markus Volk; +Cc: Alexander Kanavin, yocto

Hmm, I can't find a virglrenderer.bb. Do I need to add something?

________________________________

@ 2022-09-20  7:39                                 ` Edgar Mobile
From: Edgar Mobile @ 2022-09-20  7:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Markus Volk; +Cc: Alexander Kanavin, yocto

Ok, I added these two lines now to a file named virglrenderer_0.9.1.bb . Bitbake now says:

ERROR: Nothing PROVIDES 'ninja-nativevulkan-loader' (but virtual:native: ... DEPENDS on or otherwise requires it)
ERROR: Required build target 'core-image-weston' has no buildable providers.
Missing or unbuildable dependency chain was: {'core-image-weston', 'meta-extsdk-toolchain', 'qemu-helper-native', 'qemu-system-native', 'virglrenderer-native', 'ninja-nativevulkan-loader'

________________________________

@ 2022-09-20  8:23                                   ` Alexander Kanavin
From: Alexander Kanavin @ 2022-09-20  8:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Edgar Mobile; +Cc: Markus Volk, yocto

Don’t bother with virgl yet. Start with the pure software implementation in
Mesa.

Alex

@ 2022-09-20  8:40                                     ` PHIL
From: PHIL @ 2022-09-20  8:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alexander Kanavin; +Cc: Markus Volk, yocto

What would be the simplest way to achieve that with bitbake? I tried swrast in mesa yesterday but it complained because it wants Gallium.

@ 2022-09-20  9:17                                       ` Alexander Kanavin
From: Alexander Kanavin @ 2022-09-20  9:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: PHIL; +Cc: Markus Volk, yocto

It helps if you say what you did precisely and show the complaint.

Alex

@ 2022-09-20  9:25                                         ` PHIL
From: PHIL @ 2022-09-20  9:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alexander Kanavin; +Cc: Markus Volk, yocto

Ok it seems to use Software now given how slow weston-simple-egl has become. But vulkaninfo still fails with ERROR_INCOMPATIBLE_DRIVER.

* Re: [yocto] Adding Vulkan to core-image-weston
@ 2022-09-20 13:26                                           ` Alexander Kanavin
From: Alexander Kanavin @ 2022-09-20 13:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: PHIL; +Cc: Markus Volk, yocto

What often works is running it under strace - you might be able to see the
one key syscall that causes the failure. Otherwise you might have to go
through the heavier gdb step through.

Alex

@ 2022-09-21 11:38                                             ` PHIL
From: PHIL @ 2022-09-21 11:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alexander Kanavin; +Cc: Markus Volk, yocto

If I read the mesa-vulkan-drivers recipe right it should install libvulkan_*.so but it didnt I had to use vulkan-loader. Any idea in how to debug that?

@ 2022-09-21 11:57                                               ` Alexander Kanavin
From: Alexander Kanavin @ 2022-09-21 11:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: PHIL; +Cc: Markus Volk, yocto

You need to go to mesa's build directlory and inspect what is getting
built, with which options, and how it is installed and packaged. All
the needed bits are there, but it does take a bit of 'yocto skill' to
find your way around there. Start by looking at temp/log.do_configure
(and then do_compile and do_install).

Alex

@ 2022-09-21 12:12                                                 ` PHIL
From: PHIL @ 2022-09-21 12:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alexander Kanavin; +Cc: Markus Volk, yocto

One of the logs has this

Error:
 Problem: package packagegroup-base-extended-1.0-r83.qemuarm64 requires packagegroup-base, but none of the providers can be installed
  - package packagegroup-base-1.0-r83.qemuarm64 requires packagegroup-distro-base, but none of the providers can be installed
  - conflicting requests
  - nothing provides mesa-vulkan-drivers needed by packagegroup-distro-base-1.0-r83.qemuarm64
(try to add '--skip-broken' to skip uninstallable packages)

@ 2022-09-21 12:14                                                   ` Alexander Kanavin
From: Alexander Kanavin @ 2022-09-21 12:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: PHIL; +Cc: Markus Volk, yocto

This is not logs from mesa, this is logs from your image recipe. You
need to start with mesa.

Alex

@ 2022-09-21 12:21                                                     ` PHIL
From: PHIL @ 2022-09-21 12:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alexander Kanavin; +Cc: Markus Volk, yocto

Another logfile has this

ERROR: /media/user/SSD1TB/yoctoqemu/poky/meta/recipes-graphics/mesa/mesa-gl_22.0.0.bb: Error during parse shell code, the last 5 lines are:
    bbnote Executing meson      -Dshared-glapi=enabled     -Dglx-read-only-text=true     -Dplatforms='x11'    -Ddri3=disabled  -Degl=disabled  -Delf-tls=false  -Dgallium-drivers=''  -Dllvm=disabled -Dgbm=disabled  -Dgles1=disabled -Dgles2=disabled -Dlmsensors=disabled -Dgallium-opencl=disabled -Dopencl-spirv=false -Dopengl=true -Dosmesa=false -Dlibunwind=disabled -Dgallium-va=disabled -Dgallium-vdpau=disabled  -Dvulkan-drivers='swrast  -Dgallium-xa=disabled -Dgallium-xvmc=disabled...
    if ! meson  --prefix /usr               --buildtype plain               --bindir bin               --sbindir sbin               --datadir share               --libdir lib               --libexecdir libexec               --includedir include               --mandir share/man               --infodir share/info               --sysconfdir /etc               --localstatedir /var               --sharedstatedir /com               --wrap-mode nodownload               --native-file /media/user/SSD1TB/yoctoqemu/poky/build-virgl/tmp/work/cortexa57-poky-linux/mesa-gl/2_22.0.0-r0/meson.native "/media/user/SSD1TB/yoctoqemu/poky/build-virgl/tmp/work/cortexa57-poky-linux/mesa-gl/2_22.0.0-r0/mesa-22.0.0" "/media/user/SSD1TB/yoctoqemu/poky/build-virgl/tmp/work/cortexa57-poky-linux/mesa-gl/2_22.0.0-r0/build" --cross-file /media/user/SSD1TB/yoctoqemu/poky/build-virgl/tmp/work/cortexa57-poky-linux/mesa-gl/2_22.0.0-r0/meson.cross      -Dshared-glapi=enabled     -Dglx-read-only-text=true     -Dplatforms='x11'    -Ddri3=disabled  -Degl=disabled  -Delf-tls=false  -Dgallium-drivers=''  -Dllvm=disabled -Dgbm=disabled  -Dgles1=disabled -Dgles2=disabled -Dlmsensors=disabled -Dgallium-opencl=disabled -Dopencl-spirv=false -Dopengl=true -Dosmesa=false -Dlibunwind=disabled -Dgallium-va=disabled -Dgallium-vdpau=disabled  -Dvulkan-drivers='swrast  -Dgallium-xa=disabled -Dgallium-xvmc=disabled; then
        bbfatal_log meson failed
    fi

ERROR: /media/user/SSD1TB/yoctoqemu/poky/meta/recipes-graphics/mesa/mesa_22.0.0.bb: Error during parse shell code, the last 5 lines are:
    bbnote Executing meson      -Dshared-glapi=enabled     -Dglx-read-only-text=true     -Dplatforms='wayland,x11'   -Ddri3=enabled -Degl=enabled -Delf-tls=true -Dgallium-drivers=swrast,virgl  -Dllvm=disabled -Dgbm=enabled -Dgles1=enabled -Dgles2=enabled -Dlmsensors=disabled -Dgallium-opencl=disabled -Dopencl-spirv=false -Dopengl=true -Dosmesa=false -Dlibunwind=disabled -Dgallium-va=disabled -Dgallium-vdpau=disabled  -Dvulkan-drivers='swrast  -Dgallium-xa=disabled -Dgallium-xvmc=disabled...
    if ! meson  --prefix /media/user/SSD1TB/yoctoqemu/poky/build-virgl/tmp/work/x86_64-linux/mesa-native/2_22.0.0-r0/recipe-sysroot-native/usr               --buildtype plain               --bindir bin               --sbindir sbin               --datadir share               --libdir lib               --libexecdir libexec               --includedir include               --mandir share/man               --infodir share/info               --sysconfdir /media/user/SSD1TB/yoctoqemu/poky/build-virgl/tmp/work/x86_64-linux/mesa-native/2_22.0.0-r0/recipe-sysroot-native/etc               --localstatedir /media/user/SSD1TB/yoctoqemu/poky/build-virgl/tmp/work/x86_64-linux/mesa-native/2_22.0.0-r0/recipe-sysroot-native/var               --sharedstatedir /media/user/SSD1TB/yoctoqemu/poky/build-virgl/tmp/work/x86_64-linux/mesa-native/2_22.0.0-r0/recipe-sysroot-native/com               --wrap-mode nodownload               --native-file /media/user/SSD1TB/yoctoqemu/poky/build-virgl/tmp/work/x86_64-linux/mesa-native/2_22.0.0-r0/meson.native "/media/user/SSD1TB/yoctoqemu/poky/build-virgl/tmp/work/x86_64-linux/mesa-native/2_22.0.0-r0/mesa-22.0.0" "/media/user/SSD1TB/yoctoqemu/poky/build-virgl/tmp/work/x86_64-linux/mesa-native/2_22.0.0-r0/build"       -Dshared-glapi=enabled     -Dglx-read-only-text=true     -Dplatforms='wayland,x11'   -Ddri3=enabled -Degl=enabled -Delf-tls=true -Dgallium-drivers=swrast,virgl  -Dllvm=disabled -Dgbm=enabled -Dgles1=enabled -Dgles2=enabled -Dlmsensors=disabled -Dgallium-opencl=disabled -Dopencl-spirv=false -Dopengl=true -Dosmesa=false -Dlibunwind=disabled -Dgallium-va=disabled -Dgallium-vdpau=disabled  -Dvulkan-drivers='swrast  -Dgallium-xa=disabled -Dgallium-xvmc=disabled; then
        bbfatal_log meson failed
    fi

ERROR: Unable to parse /media/user/SSD1TB/yoctoqemu/poky/meta/recipes-graphics/mesa/mesa-gl_22.0.0.bb
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/media/user/SSD1TB/yoctoqemu/poky/bitbake/lib/bb/codeparser.py", line 368, in ShellParser._parse_shell(value='    # Meson requires this to be \'bfd, \'lld\' or \'gold\' from 0.53 onwards\n    # https://github.com/mesonbuild/meson/commit/ef9aeb188ea2bc7353e59916c18901cde90fa2b3\n    unset LD\n\n    # sstate.bbclass no longer removes empty directories to avoid a race (see\n    # commit 4f94d929 "sstate/staging: Handle directory creation race issue").\n    # Unfortunately Python apparently treats an empty egg-info directory as if\n    # the version it previously contained still exists and fails if a newer\n    # version is required, which Meson does. To avoid this, make sure there are\n    # no empty egg-info directories from previous versions left behind. Ignore\n    # all errors from rmdir since the egg-info may be a file rather than a\n    # directory.\n    rmdir /media/user/SSD1TB/yoctoqemu/poky/build-virgl/tmp/work/cortexa57-poky-linux/mesa-gl/2_22.0.0-r0/recipe-sysroot-native/usr/lib/python3.10/site-packages/*.egg-info 2>/dev/null || :\n\n    # Work around "Meson fails if /tmp is mounted with noexec #2972"\n    mkdir -p "/media/user/SSD1TB/yoctoqemu/poky/build-virgl/tmp/work/cortexa57-poky-linux/mesa-gl/2_22.0.0-r0/build/meson-private/tmp"\n    export TMPDIR="/media/user/SSD1TB/yoctoqemu/poky/build-virgl/tmp/work/cortexa57-poky-linux/mesa-gl/2_22.0.0-r0/build/meson-private/tmp"\n    bbnote Executing meson      -Dshared-glapi=enabled     -Dglx-read-only-text=true     -Dplatforms=\'x11\'    -Ddri3=disabled  -Degl=disabled  -Delf-tls=false  -Dgallium-drivers=\'\'  -Dllvm=disabled -Dgbm=disabled  -Dgles1=disabled -Dgles2=disabled -Dlmsensors=disabled -Dgallium-opencl=disabled -Dopencl-spirv=false -Dopengl=true -Dosmesa=false -Dlibunwind=disabled -Dgallium-va=disabled -Dgallium-vdpau=disabled  -Dvulkan-drivers=\'swrast  -Dgallium-xa=disabled -Dgallium-xvmc=disabled...\n    if ! meson  --prefix /usr               --buildtype plain               --bindir bin               --sbindir sbin               --datadir share               --libdir lib               --libexecdir libexec               --includedir include               --mandir share/man               --infodir share/info               --sysconfdir /etc               --localstatedir /var               --sharedstatedir /com               --wrap-mode nodownload               --native-file /media/user/SSD1TB/yoctoqemu/poky/build-virgl/tmp/work/cortexa57-poky-linux/mesa-gl/2_22.0.0-r0/meson.native "/media/user/SSD1TB/yoctoqemu/poky/build-virgl/tmp/work/cortexa57-poky-linux/mesa-gl/2_22.0.0-r0/mesa-22.0.0" "/media/user/SSD1TB/yoctoqemu/poky/build-virgl/tmp/work/cortexa57-poky-linux/mesa-gl/2_22.0.0-r0/build" --cross-file /media/user/SSD1TB/yoctoqemu/poky/build-virgl/tmp/work/cortexa57-poky-linux/mesa-gl/2_22.0.0-r0/meson.cross      -Dshared-glapi=enabled     -Dglx-read-only-text=true     -Dplatforms=\'x11\'    -Ddri3=disabled  -Degl=disabled  -Delf-tls=false  -Dgallium-drivers=\'\'  -Dllvm=disabled -Dgbm=disabled  -Dgles1=disabled -Dgles2=disabled -Dlmsensors=disabled -Dgallium-opencl=disabled -Dopencl-spirv=false -Dopengl=true -Dosmesa=false -Dlibunwind=disabled -Dgallium-va=disabled -Dgallium-vdpau=disabled  -Dvulkan-drivers=\'swrast  -Dgallium-xa=disabled -Dgallium-xvmc=disabled; then\n        bbfatal_log meson failed\n    fi\n'):
             try:
    >            tokens, _ = pyshyacc.parse(value, eof=True, debug=False)
             except Exception:
  File "/media/user/SSD1TB/yoctoqemu/poky/bitbake/lib/bb/pysh/pyshyacc.py", line 677, in parse(input='    # Meson requires this to be \'bfd, \'lld\' or \'gold\' from 0.53 onwards\n    # https://github.com/mesonbuild/meson/commit/ef9aeb188ea2bc7353e59916c18901cde90fa2b3\n    unset LD\n\n    # sstate.bbclass no longer removes empty directories to avoid a race (see\n    # commit 4f94d929 "sstate/staging: Handle directory creation race issue").\n    # Unfortunately Python apparently treats an empty egg-info directory as if\n    # the version it previously contained still exists and fails if a newer\n    # version is required, which Meson does. To avoid this, make sure there are\n    # no empty egg-info directories from previous versions left behind. Ignore\n    # all errors from rmdir since the egg-info may be a file rather than a\n    # directory.\n    rmdir /media/user/SSD1TB/yoctoqemu/poky/build-virgl/tmp/work/cortexa57-poky-linux/mesa-gl/2_22.0.0-r0/recipe-sysroot-native/usr/lib/python3.10/site-packages/*.egg-info 2>/dev/null || :\n\n    # Work around "Meson fails if /tmp is mounted with noexec #2972"\n    mkdir -p "/media/user/SSD1TB/yoctoqemu/poky/build-virgl/tmp/work/cortexa57-poky-linux/mesa-gl/2_22.0.0-r0/build/meson-private/tmp"\n    export TMPDIR="/media/user/SSD1TB/yoctoqemu/poky/build-virgl/tmp/work/cortexa57-poky-linux/mesa-gl/2_22.0.0-r0/build/meson-private/tmp"\n    bbnote Executing meson      -Dshared-glapi=enabled     -Dglx-read-only-text=true     -Dplatforms=\'x11\'    -Ddri3=disabled  -Degl=disabled  -Delf-tls=false  -Dgallium-drivers=\'\'  -Dllvm=disabled -Dgbm=disabled  -Dgles1=disabled -Dgles2=disabled -Dlmsensors=disabled -Dgallium-opencl=disabled -Dopencl-spirv=false -Dopengl=true -Dosmesa=false -Dlibunwind=disabled -Dgallium-va=disabled -Dgallium-vdpau=disabled  -Dvulkan-drivers=\'swrast  -Dgallium-xa=disabled -Dgallium-xvmc=disabled...\n    if ! meson  --prefix /usr               --buildtype plain               --bindir bin               --sbindir sbin               --datadir share               --libdir lib               --libexecdir libexec               --includedir include               --mandir share/man               --infodir share/info               --sysconfdir /etc               --localstatedir /var               --sharedstatedir /com               --wrap-mode nodownload               --native-file /media/user/SSD1TB/yoctoqemu/poky/build-virgl/tmp/work/cortexa57-poky-linux/mesa-gl/2_22.0.0-r0/meson.native "/media/user/SSD1TB/yoctoqemu/poky/build-virgl/tmp/work/cortexa57-poky-linux/mesa-gl/2_22.0.0-r0/mesa-22.0.0" "/media/user/SSD1TB/yoctoqemu/poky/build-virgl/tmp/work/cortexa57-poky-linux/mesa-gl/2_22.0.0-r0/build" --cross-file /media/user/SSD1TB/yoctoqemu/poky/build-virgl/tmp/work/cortexa57-poky-linux/mesa-gl/2_22.0.0-r0/meson.cross      -Dshared-glapi=enabled     -Dglx-read-only-text=true     -Dplatforms=\'x11\'    -Ddri3=disabled  -Degl=disabled  -Delf-tls=false  -Dgallium-drivers=\'\'  -Dllvm=disabled -Dgbm=disabled  -Dgles1=disabled -Dgles2=disabled -Dlmsensors=disabled -Dgallium-opencl=disabled -Dopencl-spirv=false -Dopengl=true -Dosmesa=false -Dlibunwind=disabled -Dgallium-va=disabled -Dgallium-vdpau=disabled  -Dvulkan-drivers=\'swrast  -Dgallium-xa=disabled -Dgallium-xvmc=disabled; then\n        bbfatal_log meson failed\n    fi\n', eof=True, debug=False):
             debug = 2
    >    return yacc.parse(lexer=lexer, debug=debug), remaining

  File "/media/user/SSD1TB/yoctoqemu/poky/bitbake/lib/ply/yacc.py", line 267, in LRParser.parse(input=None, lexer=<bb.pysh.pyshlex.PLYLexer object at 0x7ff73b1ac0b8>, debug=False, tracking=0, tokenfunc=None):
             else:
    >            return self.parseopt_notrack(input,lexer,debug,tracking,tokenfunc)

  File "/media/user/SSD1TB/yoctoqemu/poky/bitbake/lib/ply/yacc.py", line 1049, in LRParser.parseopt_notrack(input=None, lexer=<bb.pysh.pyshlex.PLYLexer object at 0x7ff73b1ac0b8>, debug=False, tracking=0, tokenfunc=None):
                                 errtoken.lexer = lexer
    >                        tok = self.errorfunc(errtoken)
                             del errok, token, restart   # Delete special functions
  File "/media/user/SSD1TB/yoctoqemu/poky/bitbake/lib/bb/pysh/pyshyacc.py", line 650, in p_error(p=LexToken(Then,'then',0,0)):
             w('Unexpected EOF')
    >    raise sherrors.ShellSyntaxError(''.join(msg))

bb.pysh.sherrors.ShellSyntaxError: LexToken(Then,'then',0,0)
followed by:
  LexToken(NEWLINE,'\n',0,0)
  LexToken(TOKEN,'bbfatal_log',0,0)
  LexToken(TOKEN,'meson',0,0)
  LexToken(TOKEN,'failed',0,0)
  LexToken(NEWLINE,'\n',0,0)

ERROR: Parsing halted due to errors, see error messages above

@ 2022-09-21 12:30                                                     ` PHIL
From: PHIL @ 2022-09-21 12:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alexander Kanavin; +Cc: Markus Volk, yocto

Ok, there is a build directory tmp/work/cortexa57-poky-linux/mesa/2_22.0.0-r0 . In there, there is a package directory that has all libGL* libraries and one libvulkan_virtio.so but they are not installed to the Image.

@ 2022-09-21 12:38                                                       ` Alexander Kanavin
From: Alexander Kanavin @ 2022-09-21 12:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: PHIL; +Cc: Markus Volk, yocto

You need to check package-split/ to find out why.

Alex

@ 2022-09-21 12:47                                                         ` PHIL
From: PHIL @ 2022-09-21 12:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alexander Kanavin; +Cc: Markus Volk, yocto

It has the individual packages but split up. One directory for mesa-vulkan-drivers etc. I don't know how to process from here.

Am 21. September 2022 14:38:10 MESZ schrieb Alexander Kanavin <alex.kanavin@gmail.com>:
>You need to check package-split/ to find out why.
>
>Alex
>
>On Wed, 21 Sept 2022 at 14:30, PHIL <heideggm@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Ok, there is a build directory tmp/work/cortexa57-poky-linux/mesa/2_22.0.0-r0 . In there, there is a package directory that has all libGL* libraries and one libvulkan_virtio.so but they are not installed to the Image.
>>
>> Am 21. September 2022 14:14:10 MESZ schrieb Alexander Kanavin <alex.kanavin@gmail.com>:
>>>
>>> This is not logs from mesa, this is logs from your image recipe. You
>>> need to start with mesa.
>>>
>>> Alex

>> --
>> Diese Nachricht wurde von meinem Android-Gerät mit K-9 Mail gesendet.

* Re: [yocto] Adding Vulkan to core-image-weston
@ 2022-09-21 12:54                                                           ` Alexander Kanavin
                                                                               ` (2 more replies)
From: Alexander Kanavin @ 2022-09-21 12:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: PHIL; +Cc: Markus Volk, yocto

Next you need to check if you have the mesa-vulkan-drives package in
deploy-* in the same mesa builddir, and does it contain the needed
driver file?

Alex

@ 2022-09-21 13:35                                                             ` PHIL
From: PHIL @ 2022-09-21 13:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alexander Kanavin; +Cc: Markus Volk, yocto

There is a directory called deploy-rpms. It has rpms for all gl/elg/mesa stuff but not the stuff from mesa-vulkan-drivers as libvulkan_virtio.so

@ 2022-09-22 14:54                                                             ` PHIL
From: PHIL @ 2022-09-22 14:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alexander Kanavin; +Cc: Markus Volk, yocto

Okay
There is a file called mesa_22.0.3.bb. Adding the following line
VULKAN_DRIVERS:append ="virtio-experimental" there will successfully add /usr/lib/libvulkan_virtio.so.
Still isn't enough though.

@ 2022-09-22 16:22                                                             ` PHIL
From: PHIL @ 2022-09-22 16:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alexander Kanavin; +Cc: Markus Volk, yocto