* Is lttng similar to tools in Wind River Workbench?
@ 2016-01-04 14:23 David Aldrich
From: David Aldrich @ 2016-01-04 14:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: lttng-dev

Hi

I am fairly new to Embedded Linux and am looking at the open source tools available for it.

Is lttng similar to the graphical trace/profiling tools supplied with Wind River Workbench?

Are there any other open source graphical profiling/trace tools available for Linux?

Best regards

David

* Re: Is lttng similar to tools in Wind River Workbench?
       [not found] <41302A7145AC054FA7A96CFD03835A0A0BA4D5C2@EX10MBX02.EU.NEC.COM>
@ 2016-01-04 15:20 ` Jonathan Rajotte Julien
From: Jonathan Rajotte Julien @ 2016-01-04 15:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Aldrich; +Cc: lttng-dev

Hi David,

Well LTTng alone is not really a * graphical trace/profiling tools *.
You might want to check on Trace Compass [1] for the graphical
representation of tracing. LTTng is mostly responsible for the trace
generation/collecting.

LTTng and Trace Compass together is probably what you want. If you are
more interested in monitoring data and metrics you might also be
interested by a new project from EfficiOS under the LTTng umbrella:
lttng-analyses [2].

Cheers!

[1] http://www.tracecompass.org/
[2] https://github.com/lttng/lttng-analyses

On 2016-01-04 09:23 AM, David Aldrich wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am fairly new to Embedded Linux and am looking at the open source tools available for it.
>
> Is lttng similar to the graphical trace/profiling tools supplied with Wind River Workbench?
>
> Are there any other open source graphical profiling/trace tools available for Linux?
>
> Best regards
>
> David

Jonathan R. Julien
Efficios