Leo, > I was wondering if anyone had a chance to look into this problem more. > I've done a great deal of research myself on it so far, but do not yet have > a solution. Most of the c:\winnt\security\edb*.log files that fill up the disk > are created during the hardware scan stage in the GUI portion of the install. > I'm using Windows 2000 Professional, on QEMU 0.6.2 (latest from CVS) and have > encountered the problem on any flavor of Linux I try. > I also tried a small patch to hw/ide.c (without the multithread bits), > from Vladimir N. Oleynik. Basically only the s->status is set to READY_STAT > instead of READY_STAT | SEEK_STAT in/around hw/ide.c:1472 from that patch. > This did not solve the problem at all. O my God! This problem consists not in these flags, you looked corrections to the previous version of the ide emulator. I have made new hack specially for elimination of a Subject problem only. This correction adds waiting one (or zero, autorandomly) period before sending interruption after positioning before write. (see attach) But this a HACK, do not use after w2k install! Me other idea interested - to make asynchronous input-output. The received effect of elimination of a Subject problem was completely unexpected. But the author of the QEmu has not supported idea. (The sended a patch do not contain asynchronous input-output.) --w vodz