Hello, On 1/18/22 21:47, Laurent Pinchart wrote: > On Tue, Jan 18, 2022 at 12:00:50PM -0800, Florian Fainelli wrote: >> On 1/18/22 11:45 AM, Jean-Michel Hautbois wrote: >>> This is also needed for camera and display support. >>> I tested it successfully with imx219 + unicam on mainline. >> >> Thanks for testing, can you reply with a Tested-by tag so it could be >> applied to the commit message when this gets picked up? > > Well, this also points out that there's an issue: if the mux is needed > for other devices, it shouldn't be in bcm2711-rpi-cm4-io.dts :-) We > could move it to bcm2711-rpi.dtsi (so far all bcm2711-based boards use > either I/O pins 0+1 or 44+45) If I understand correctly it's not used on rpi-4-b, so bcm2711-rpi.dtsi would be wrong. > , or move it to per-board files. It is in an board file now?! So I don't understand your suggestion here. > In the > latter case, instead of duplicating the same block everywhere, it could > be moved to a .dtsi included in those board files. This is what the > downstream kernel does. How does it call the dtsi file? I wonder if that is sensible expecting that the devices on the bus are different for different boards?! Best regards Uwe