On Monday, February 17, 2014 10:47:50 AM H. Peter Anvin wrote: > On 02/17/2014 10:23 AM, Thomas Renninger wrote: > > Easiest I can think of instead of trying to modify RSDP or similar, is > > to still pass the tables via unzipped, glued cpio which the kernel > > can access early. The same way it is done for current ACPI table > > overriding > > and early microcode passing. > > We shouldn't *need* an RSDP and RSDT/XSDT, though, since all they are > are pointers to the actual tables. Rather than hacking around it we > should probably just fix the fundamental problem. That is what I described. If something similar what I wrote gets implemented, you can simply add ACPI tables to initrd as described here: Documentation/acpi/initrd_table_override.txt and if BIOS already provides them they get overridden, otherwise they get added. Thomas