On 2019-09-04 1:36 p.m., Chris Murphy wrote: >> > > I don't really know how snapper works. > > The way 'btrfs subvolume snapshot' works, you must point it to a > subvolume. It won't snapshot a regular directory and from what you > posted above, there are no subvolumes in /var or /var/lib which means > trying to snapshot /var/lib/ceph/osd/ceph-.... would fail. So maybe > it's failing but snapper doesn't show the error. I'm not really sure. > In this case, his snapshots are all of the root. I don't know how Ceph works, but since we already confirmed that there are no subvolumes under /var, the only other explanation is that /var/lib/ceph/osd/ceph- is a submount What is the the result of running: mount | grep /var