From: John Paul Adrian Glaubitz <glaubitz@physik.fu-berlin.de>
To: linux-sh@vger.kernel.org
Subject: Re: Linux SH kernel currently broken on qemu-system
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2019 13:12:31 +0000	[thread overview]

Hi!

On 6/10/19 3:36 PM, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:
> Booting the Linux SH kernel in qemu-system currently doesn't work, the screen
> just stays black. Previously, the kernel suffered another regression where it
> booted but crashed very early.
Michael Karcher found out that the second issue is that the kernel is too big and
overwrites the decompression code while being uncompressed.

Raising the the value for CONFIG_BOOT_LINK_OFFSET fixes the problem and lets the
kernel boot but we still have the problem that qemu probably needs to be adjusted
in order to accommodate for the larger kernel, see [1].

Any suggestions how to resolve this problem?

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz