Wolfgang Denk wrote: >Dear Alan, > >in message you wrote: > > >>I am just looking for a cheaper video card to use with Lite5200 board. >>CoralP is very expansive, then I will use ATI Rage Mobility. >> >> > >Make sure that you don't need to run any (x86) BIOS code on your card >to initialize it. This is the main issue with most graphics cards. > > > >>Well, my video card is not ATI Rage Mobility M1 EVA, it has not 723 >>regulator, it use MTD3302 as regulator, do you know if I need change >>something on the Lite5200's PCI slot to it work with this video card? >> >> > >If your card is a true 3.3V PCI card it should be at least possible >to attach and test it. Chances are that it does not work (at least >not without some amount of work). > > > >>My Lite5200 is Version 2.0, and Freescale connected some wire (small cables) >>to PCI slot, maybe to fix some PCI problems. >> >> > >You probably want to ask FS about this. > > > >>I am using linux kernel 2.6.14, downloaded from denx's web site. Linux is >> >> > >Note that the 5200 code in the kernel is work in progress. I do not >cleaim that it does work in any way. If you want stable code use our >2.4.25 kernel instead. > > > >>running fine in this board, but until now I am using only serial console. >>Now I want use a video card with it. >> >> > >Well, if your time is worth anything you might find out that the >CoralP is the cheaper solution - or using a graphics controller that >can be attached directly to the bus. > > Wolfgang: The denx.de web site looks great. Where can someone get this PCI card? Do I have to contact Fujitsu directly? Cost? The Fujitsu CoralP evaluation board MB86295EB01? or did you use the Coral PA? I saw a posting that you also had some streaming video running. Tell me more. What resolution? 4CIF (full DVD) What display? LCD SVGA (800x600) and/or VGA analog port? Software MPEG decoder or does the Coral have a decoder? Which player did you use? Is all this covered in some release notes? Was the katix stuff ever integrated into linux_2_4_development? How does Wolfgang make a living if he spends all his time answering our questions? thanks, Frank Bennett >Best regards, > >Wolfgang Denk > > *//*