Hi Takashi. I have two soundcards in my machine; a snd-cs46xx card and a snd-cs4236 card, which has always worked nicely. Today though I tried swapping the snd-cs46xx one for a snd-es1968 one, and this does not work. The second I modprobe snd-es1968, snd-cs4236 stops working. If I'm listening to snd-cs4236 at the time I get the last second or so repeated over and over again. Killing the app that was playing via kill -9 works and stops the repeating sound but does not repair things: when I try to use snd-cs4236 again after that, it's still the same -- I only get the first second or so repeated over and over. ALSA code is kernel 2.6.14.3 (1.0.10rc1). I just now tried checking standalone ALSA 1.0.10, but unfortunately its snd-cs4236 won't load at all. The machine oopses on "modprobe snd-cs4236" with the attached backtrace. That last one seems a problem in snd-cs4236, but the earlier problem is likely in snd-es1968 -- as said, snd-cs4236 + snd-cs46xx work fine together. Moreover, I could swear earlier snd-cs46xx crashed in the same way as snd-cs4236 does when inserting snd-es1968, although I can't seem to reproduce this right now. Thanks in advance for any probing... Rene.