From: Ron Arts <ron.arts-aH2ABhMBJl7z+pZb47iToQ@public.gmane.org>
To: acpi-devel-5NWGOfrQmneRv+LV9MX5uipxlwaOVQ5f@public.gmane.org
Subject: Fixing my DSDT. Do I have to learn another language?
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2005 10:22:57 +0100	[thread overview]

I own a Uniwill 255II3, and occasionally my system thinks the battery is almost empty
(XP has the same problem on this laptop BTW).

Looking at the syslog I get about every minute:

Dec 11 09:51:05 raarts-ttec kernel:     ACPI-0412: *** Error: Handler for [EmbeddedControl] returned AE_TIME
Dec 11 09:51:05 raarts-ttec kernel:     ACPI-0508: *** Error: Method execution failed [\_SB_.PCI0.BAT0._BST] (Node c145c9e0), AE_TIME

I found out about DSDT's, and determined that mine must contain errors, I need
to fix it, and boot my system with the fixed table.

I dumped my current DSDT, decompiled mine using iasl and looked at it.

This is where I am now. I have looked at the ACPI spec, and this spec is 631 pages.
Do I have to learn this language to fix the fact that my system occasionally
thinks it has an empty battery? Maybe someone can give me a hint on how to
handle it? I made it available here: http://www.netland.nl/download/dsdt.dsl
(temporary link).

Another question (sorry): I also own some Apple iBooks. When I close the lid, they
go into a state where the laptop only preserves its RAM image, and when I open the lid
the system is back within 3 seconds. An iBook can stay this way for a week, before
the battery wears out.

Can I get this to work on this Uniwill laptop with Intel Pentium M processor
and 82852/82855 GM/GME/PM/GMV chipset? Will it last just as long as the iBook?

I am disappointed by the fact that these Intel laptops continuously spin up
their cooling fan, this is very annoying. People I talk to seem to take this
for granted, but The iBooks I have used to far were totally quiet, and the
fan almost never needed to kick in. So I am trying every trick in the book
to let it run cooler.

Thanks,
Ron Arts