Rene Herman wrote: > I'll poke around some more to confirm the documentation was right about > the Legacy Audio bit. I see the SB-EMU can be set to 0x240 and that's > free here, so I'll try and see for which setting of the bit something > appears there. Managed to already. Yes, confirmed, the documentation was right. snd-sb8 actually loads for this emulation: ALSA sound/isa/sb/sb_common.c:130: SB [0x240]: DSP chip found, version = 3.2 So anyways, the submitted patch, re-attached for convenience, was right. Rene.