On 10.04.2017 10:42, Kevin Wolf wrote: > Am 07.04.2017 um 19:10 hat Max Reitz geschrieben: >> One case I'd be especially interested in are of course 4 kB subclusters >> for 64 kB clusters (because 4 kB is a usual page size and can be >> configured to be the block size of a guest device; and because 64 kB >> simply is the standard cluster size of qcow2 images nowadays[1]...). > > Why should the current default cluster size be an argument for anything? > 64k is a tradeoff between small COW size and large allocation > granularity that seemed to work well (and it used to be the maximum > cluster size originally, so it seemed safer than 128k). > > With subclusters, we have a completely different situation and need to > find a new default that works best. I'm relatively sure that 64k are too > small under the new conditions. > > Also, undefined reference: [1] (I was hoping to find a better argument > there...) I meant [1] to be basically what you just said. Well, the thing is that 64 kB is still better than 32 kB. :-P Max