From: "McCall, Andy \(IT.PFMS\)" <Andy.McCall-JGeVbDYbwmjRZ1oM81ef8Q@public.gmane.org>
To: "steve" <steve-dZ4O0aZtNmBWk0Htik3J/w@public.gmane.org>
Cc: <linux-cifs-u79uwXL29TY76Z2rM5mHXA@public.gmane.org>
Subject: RE: DFS root namespace mounting problem...
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2014 10:09:24 +0100	[thread overview]

>> >You may already have a ticket.
>>
>> It might be that the test of swapping out cifs.upcall for a script
>> won't work, but I tried it on a second identical build server on the
>> farm that hasn't been touched yet and that also didn't produce
>> /tmp/text.txt, so either the test is invalid or cifs.upcall isn't getting called.
>
> Is this the problem:
> //fqdn/share
> mounts OK, but
> //domain/share
> doesn't.

Hi Steve,

Not sure what timezone you are in, but I left work so sorry for the delayed reply.

The problem is:

//clusternode.my.windowsdomain.com/share mounts okay

//my.windowsdomain.com/share doesn't mount because the Linux server is resolving the my.windowsdomain.com as
a FQDN server address and attempts to mount the share from the FQDN server address rather than asking for a
referral to a clusternode where the share actually exists.

AM.

DISCLAIMER. The contents of this email and its attachments are intended solely for the original recipients and express the views of the authors and not necessarily the Company. If you are not the intended recipient please delete without copying or forwarding and inform the sender that you received it in error.
Provident Financial Management Services Ltd, Registered in England, Company Number 328933. Interim Permissions Reference Number: 119219
Provident Personal Credit Ltd, Registered in England, Company Number 146091. Interim Permissions Reference Number: 002529
Both Provident Financial Management Services Ltd and Provident Personal Credit Ltd are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, see Interim Permissions numbers above. Registered Office: No.1 Godwin Street, Bradford, West Yorkshire BD1 2SU, United Kingdom.

Please save paper - don't print this email unless necessary