Hello, I'm working for the french national education. We work on a server for students since 3 years. The solution is based on a Mandrake 9.1 but with a large number of updates. Our kernel is : 2.4.32 and the xfstools are updated : - xfsdump-2.2.42 - xfsprogs-2.8.11 - libxfs1-2.8.11 We made a tool to create students and about 1 time over 10 we have a kernel Oops. With the same data we can reproduce the crash and it always append at the same place (the same student). It was the same 2 years ago with older kernel and xfs releases but we hadn't enough student databases to test. Now, the project is growing and the number of crashes in schools too ! The user creation process is composed with : mkdir, setfacl, chown, setquota for a pam-ldap authentification. The Oops usually happends on the chown instruction but if we remove it, it happends on the setquota instruction which is one line behind. Cheers, Joël Cuissinat -- Joël Cuissinat Equipe EOLE CETIAD Dijon, France http://eole.orion.education.fr --