Keir Fraser wrote: > You missed out the patch. Oops, attached. > I'm sure however that I'll argue you should make > the enumeration local to the backend. It will always support his native > architecture. Where it supports cross-architecture (i386-on-x64) he can > *privately* have a numeric assignment for that situation which it uses on > data paths. Then we don't have redundant info in xenstore and we don't get > tied to particular magic numbers. I don't want to put numbers into xenstore. But there are multiple backends affected (pvfb, blktab, blkback, tpm, maybe more) and thus it would be useful to share the infrastructure IMHO ... cheers, Gerd -- Gerd Hoffmann