Joerg Roedel wrote: > On Thu, Feb 01, 2007 at 10:49:24PM +0100, Waba wrote: > >> On Mon, Jan 29, 2007 at 01:49:06PM +0200, Avi Kivity wrote: >> >>> The attached patch should fix it. >>> >> Update for those who wouldn't have followed IRC meanwhile: this patch >> does fix the bug for Opteron-based systems, but doesn't improve anything >> on my X2 4600+. Avi therefore suggests that someone (_joro?) with >> knowledge and access to an X2 has a look at it. >> > > I was able to reproduce the bug on a SVM machine here and did some > deeper research. I intercepted the #UD exception and printed out the > opcode. This opcode was all zero in the first time and changed randomly > to other undefined values. I also saved the last exit code before the UD > intercept and that was a PF intercept. The guest is in 32 bit PAE mode > when this happens. > Regarding this research I assume this bug is not SVM related, I think > something in the MMU goes wrong here. > > kvm-trunk has a fix for this which is both mmu and svm related, see revision 4348. It seems to fix the exact same problem on opterons but not on the athlons. Waba, can you apply the attached patch and post dmesg after the error occurs? (it also has a small fix which may help). -- Do not meddle in the internals of kernels, for they are subtle and quick to panic.