From: "Martin MOKREJS(" <mmokrejs@ribosome.natur.cuni.cz>
To: Christoph Lameter <clameter@sgi.com>
Cc: LKML <linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org>
Subject: Re: 2.6.19.1: kernel BUG at mm/slab.c:2911!
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 10:06:36 +0100	[thread overview]

Christoph Lameter wrote:
> On Tue, 30 Jan 2007, Martin MOKREJS wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>   is this a known issue? Should I bother to upgrade to 2.6.19.2 if it contains the fix?
>> Thank you any help. It might be related to NFS. The machine in question is NFSv3 client,
>> udp. And used for computations. The process which died is from torque cluster management
>> package.
>
>> 000: 00 00 00 00 fe ff ff ff fe ff ff ff 3a 00 00 00
>
> The beginning of the slab was overwritten. The first two words should have
> been list pointers. color offset is also invalid as is the pointer to the
> slab memory.
>
> Are you using cpu hotplug by chance?

No, it is a classical P4 machine, ASUS P4C800E-Deluxe motherboard. However, it might
have been related to the overclocked CPU. Although 12 other, exactly same machines are running
fine at the same over-clock I have decreased the settings. It did not happen since then.
So I believe it was a hardware issue. Thanks for the explanation.
Martin