Eric Wong wrote: > Michael Spang wrote: > >> I've prepared a somewhat cleaner patch that solves the problem without >> using sleep. It increases the modification time by one second >> immediately prior to each commit. I added calls everywhere I think the >> problem could potentially occur. >> >> I've had no failures with the patch (without it, they are quite frequent). >> > > Thanks for the patch. Just one portability nit below, otherwise: > Acked-by: Eric Wong > > >> +poke() { >> + touch -r "$1" -d +1sec "$1" >> +} >> > > I'm not sure that -d is portable. However, > > perl -e '@x = stat($ARGV[0]); utime($x[8], $x[9] + 1, $ARGV[0])' "$1" > > should work on any platform git-svn runs on. > > Doh. I knew that option to touch was too good to be true. Having it in Perl may also make it easier for you if you decide to go ahead with rewriting the tests to use only the Perl bindings. Assuming a workaround is still needed, anyway--I've never used Subversion with Perl. Thanks for the tips. Michael Spang