Hi, I've got a laptop that has skipping problems, mainly full-duplex programs. This happens for both native ALSA applications and those using OSS. Digging a bit into that, I realised that it mainly happens when using two periods. I wrote a test program (attached) to dump the time I get the "interrupts" (from user space). The output is attached in the "timings" file (gettimeofday() microseconds). Basically, the time increases with near perfect regularity, except for a few cases, where there's a skip of exactly one period. Looks a lot like lost interrupts or something like that (at least that was James Courtier-Dutton's interpretation when he looked at it during LCA2007). This data was obtained on a Dell D820 laptop with a STAC9200-based soundcard running kernel 2.6.20 and ALSA 1.0.14rc2, but I've observed the same problem with all other versions of kernel/ALSA I've tested. I've also seen that problem on all other HDA-based desktops I have, but not on any of the i810-based machines I have. The problem usually does not show up with playback-only applications (probably because they use >2 periods or something), but it makes VoIP apps like Ekiga (native ALSA) and OpenWengo (OSS) totally unusable as I get several xruns per second. Does anyone know of a fix for that? Jean-Marc