Keir Fraser wrote: > Yes, this would work okay I suspect. Good enough as a stop-gap measure? Are > there any other responsibilities that you acquire if you make use of > VM_FOREIGN (in particular, how would this affect get_user_pages)? VM_FOREIGN is already set for the gntdev VMA (mostly because it's directly based on the blktap code). That means that it has the array of page_structs in its vm_private_data, which can be used to fulfill a get_user_pages call. I've attached a patch based on this fix. Regards, Derek.