Avi Kivity wrote: > Time in grub is completely off, Linux calibrate_delay() complains, > 'sleep 1' doesn't return, but FC6 x86-64 boots. > > (this is with your patch on top of the re-applied patch I reverted earlier). > Now I have updated my kvm checkout, and I immediately got trouble booting the guest. So it seems something has changed since I made my first patch. What I could find is that the "env" variable in host_alarm_handler() is always NULL now? Then the expiry flag has to be set outside of that conditional, or alarms will never expire. Also, an optimization of the new rearming in qemu_mod_timer() is that it should not be done if we are currently running the expired timers. It will be done after all the running is over, anyway. Attached is a reworked patch with these changes, it should apply against your kvm git master (i.e. do not re-apply the reverted one). Anders.