On 2017年11月23日 13:25, Chris Murphy wrote: > On Wed, Nov 22, 2017 at 12:18 PM, Jorge Bastos wrote: >> Hello, >> >> While doing btrfs checksum testing I purposely corrupted a file and >> got the expect I/O error when trying to copy it, I also tested btrfs >> restore to see if I could recover a known corrupt file and it did copy >> it but there was no checksum error or warning. I used btrfs restore -v >> >> Is this expect behavior or should restore warn about checksum failures? >> >> Kernel used was 4.13.13, btrfs-progs v4.13.2 > > I think it's expected. "The checks done by restore are less strict" > from the man page. Although it'd be nice if -v option at least could > flag such files as possibly being corrupt. > I think people always consider "btrfs restore" as a tool to "restore" data. The proper name of it should be "salvage" and moved under "btrfs rescue", to reduce the confusion. Thanks, Qu