From: WANG Xuerui <i.qemu@xen0n.name>
To: "Philippe Mathieu-Daudé" <f4bug@amsat.org>,
	"Song Gao" <gaosong@loongson.cn>
Cc: "Peter Maydell" <peter.maydell@linaro.org>,
	"XiaoJuan Yang" <yangxiaojuan@loongson.cn>,
	"Huacai Chen" <chenhuacai@kernel.org>,
	"Richard Henderson" <richard.henderson@linaro.org>,
	"QEMU Developers" <qemu-devel@nongnu.org>,
	"Alex Bennée" <alex.bennee@linaro.org>
Subject: Re: Add LoongArch support to RISU?
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2021 23:14:55 +0800	[thread overview]

(also adding qemu-devel to Cc)

On 9/26/21 16:25, Philippe Mathieu-Daudé wrote:
> Hi Xuerui,
>
> Looking at the script [1] used in your series adding LoongArch TCG
> backend [2], I think all the bits are in place to also generate most
> of the files required to run RISU [3] and use it to be able to test
> Song Gao's LoongArch TCG frontend [4].
I skimmed over the source code in the afternoon, and indeed the
encodings are textbook example of what should be auto-generated. However
I didn't find the DSL syntax to be particularly palatable... maybe I was
just reading a bit too quickly though.
> Do you know developers / companies who might be interested in working
> on this?

As Song replied, Loongson Corporation should be very interested in
testing their own offerings. This collaboration is exactly what we as a
community strive for, and I'll happily review any code here or in
loongarch-opcodes repo for that.