* openBMC pwm-fan control policy
       [not found] <mailman.0.1637828525.15424.openbmc@lists.ozlabs.org>
@ 2021-11-25  8:29 ` Landon
From: Landon @ 2021-11-25  8:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openbmc

Hello everyone, I would like to ask what is supported by openBMC pwm-fan control policy?
Can it be linked with temperature and current? Whether the pwm-fan output can be controlled by the corresponding temperature and current?
Are there any instructions or references?
Thanks!

* Re: openBMC pwm-fan control policy
@ 2021-11-25  8:46   ` Paul Fertser
From: Paul Fertser @ 2021-11-25  8:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Landon; +Cc: openbmc

Hello,

On Thu, Nov 25, 2021 at 04:29:23PM +0800, Landon wrote:
> Can it be linked with temperature and current? Whether the pwm-fan output can be
> controlled by the corresponding temperature and current?
> Are there any instructions or references?

https://github.com/openbmc/phosphor-pid-control should be flexible
enough for the purpose. Is it missing something you need?

mailto:fercerpav@gmail.com

* Re:  openBMC pwm-fan control policy
@ 2021-11-26  5:26     ` Landon
From: Landon @ 2021-11-26  5:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: fercerpav, openbmc; +Cc: openbmc

hello, paul

Thank you for your reply!

I've read the "phosphor-pid-control ".
But I didn't read about the linked between temperature and current.

could you give me an example?

Thanks!

@ 2021-11-26  5:55       ` Landon
From: Landon @ 2021-11-26  5:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: fercerpav, openbmc; +Cc: openbmc

add: I just want to know in OpenBMC by reading different temperature values or current values to control the fan output, so as to cool down, how does this strategy work? An example of this.

Thanks!

@ 2021-11-26 21:57         ` Paul Fertser
From: Paul Fertser @ 2021-11-26 21:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Landon; +Cc: openbmc

On Fri, Nov 26, 2021 at 01:55:31PM +0800, Landon wrote:
> add: I just want to know in  OpenBMC by reading different temperature values  or
> current values to  control the fan  output, so as  to cool down,  how does  this
> strategy work? An example of this.

This is using temperature values to control the fans so as to cool
down, it works by configuring phosphor-pid-control appropriately, I
hope it's enough of an example:

https://github.com/openbmc/entity-manager/blob/master/configurations/R1000%20Chassis.json

If you think phosphor-pid-control is missing some documentation please
read its source code and send documentation patches for review.

mailto:fercerpav@gmail.com

* Re:  openBMC pwm-fan control policy
@ 2021-11-29  9:43           ` Landon
From: Landon @ 2021-11-29  9:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: fercerpav; +Cc: openbmc

Thank you!
I have read it :  https://github.com/openbmc/entity-manager/blob/master/configurations/R1000%20Chassis.json
But I don't understand,

Is there an explanation for this part?

Are there general instructions on how to control fan output by temperature?

and how to use phosphor-pid-control  to set this ?

Is there“ phosphor-pid-control ”the instructions for this part?
Thank you very much !
On 11/27/2021 05:57,Paul Fertser<fercerpav@gmail.com> wrote:
On Fri, Nov 26, 2021 at 01:55:31PM +0800, Landon wrote:
add: I just want to know in  OpenBMC by reading different temperature values  or
current values to  control the fan  output, so as  to cool down,  how does  this
strategy work? An example of this.

This is using temperature values to control the fans so as to cool
down, it works by configuring phosphor-pid-control appropriately, I
hope it's enough of an example:

https://github.com/openbmc/entity-manager/blob/master/configurations/R1000%20Chassis.json

If you think phosphor-pid-control is missing some documentation please
read its source code and send documentation patches for review.

mailto:fercerpav@gmail.com

[-- Attachment #2: 49C0F2EA-9910-4DC8-B517-D391369F39D7.png --]
[-- Type: image/png, Size: 14660 bytes --]

* Re:  openBMC pwm-fan control policy
@ 2021-11-29 10:22             ` Andrei Kartashev
From: Andrei Kartashev @ 2021-11-29 10:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Landon, fercerpav; +Cc: openbmc

Hello,

Please read phosphor-pid-control documentation:
https://github.com/openbmc/phosphor-pid-control
https://github.com/openbmc/phosphor-pid-control/blob/master/configure.md
https://github.com/openbmc/phosphor-pid-control/blob/master/tuning.md
https://github.com/openbmc/phosphor-pid-control/tree/master/examples

Keep in mind that there are two different ways to configure phosphor-
pid-control: statically with JSON config files and dynamically with
DBUS (generally, using EntityManager JSON configuration) and same
parameters with this two ways mostly have different names.
The way you want to use is generally depend on either you use EM for
your platform or not.

--
Best regards,
Andrei Kartashev

* Re:  openBMC pwm-fan control policy
@ 2021-12-02  9:11               ` Landon
From: Landon @ 2021-12-02  9:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: a.kartashev; +Cc: fercerpav, openbmc

Hello,

I read the  "https://github.com/openbmc/phosphor-pid-control/blob/master/configure.md":

How to Configure Phosphor-pid-control
type == "temp"

Exactly the same as margin but all the inputs are supposed to be absolute temperatures and so the maximal value is used to feed the PID loop.

type == "stepwise"
"name": "temp1",
"type": "stepwise",
"inputs": ["temp1"],
"setpoint": 30.0,
"pid": {
  "samplePeriod": 0.1,
  "positiveHysteresis": 1.0,
  "negativeHysteresis": 1.0,
  "isCeiling": false,
  "reading": {
    "0": 45,
    "1": 46,
    "2": 47,
  },
  "output": {
    "0": 5000,
    "1": 2400,
    "2": 2600,
  }
}
and  in  "https://github.com/openbmc/entity-manager/blob/master/configurations/R1000%20Chassis.json"
| { |

| | "Class": "temp", |
| | "FFGainCoefficient": 0.0, |
| | "FFOffCoefficient": 0.0, |
| | "ICoefficient": -4.64, |
| | "ILimitMax": 100, |
| | "ILimitMin": 30, |
| | "Inputs": [ |
| | "Exit Air Temp" |
| | ], |
| | "Name": "Exit Air Temp", |
| | "NegativeHysteresis": 5.0, |
| | "OutLimitMax": 100, |
| | "OutLimitMin": 30, |
| | "Outputs": [], |
| | "PCoefficient": -0.15, |
| | "PositiveHysteresis": 0.0, |
| | "SetPoint": 75.0, |
| | "SlewNeg": -1, |
| | "SlewPos": 0.0, |
| | "Type": "Pid", |
| | "Zones": [ |
| | "Zone 1", |
| | "Zone 2", |
| | "Zone 3", |
| | "Zone 4", |
| | "Zone 5", |
| | "Zone 6" |
| | ] |
| | }, |
but  I don't understand how to control the fan by temperature ?
I was wondering if you could help me explain ?
Thank you very much !

@ 2021-12-07  1:45                 ` Landon
From: Landon @ 2021-12-07  1:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: a.kartashev; +Cc: fercerpav, openbmc

Hello,
Can you take a look at it, please?

Thanks!

@ 2021-12-07  7:37                   ` Landon
From: Landon @ 2021-12-07  7:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: a.kartashev; +Cc: fercerpav, openbmc

On 12/7/2021 09:45,Landon<cld795@163.com> wrote:

[...]

@ 2021-12-07  8:05                     ` Andrei Kartashev
                                         ` (2 more replies)
From: Andrei Kartashev @ 2021-12-07  8:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Landon; +Cc: fercerpav, openbmc

Sorry, I probably miss your question.

I still don't understand, what kind of help do you need, but I will try
to explain the idea:
PID-control daemon use concept of the PID systems, where you have
inputs (sensors) and outputs (FANs). To configure PIDs in pid-control
the zone concept is used: thermal zone can have several fans and
several sensors.
Then you should select PID-loop type and set parameters for each sensor
and FAN. For normal temperature sensor you generally will use normal
PID-loop, were you setup PID coefficients and setpoint (target
temperature). When the value of one (or more) sensor exceed setpoint
PID-control will increase the speed of the fans in the zone trying to
keep temperatures below the setpoints.
For current sensors you probably should use stepwise mode, but I'm not
familiar here.

--
Best regards,
Andrei Kartashev

* Re:  openBMC pwm-fan control policy
@ 2021-12-15  2:39                       ` Landon
From: Landon @ 2021-12-15  2:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: a.kartashev; +Cc: fercerpav, openbmc

Thanks !

wrote:
[...]

* OpenBMC web sometimes jump back to the login screen problem
@ 2021-12-15  3:21                       ` Landon
From: Landon @ 2021-12-15  3:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: a.kartashev; +Cc: fercerpav, openbmc

hello,

I use https://github.com/AspeedTech-BMC/openbmc sdk v7.02 now,
the Aspeed openbmc is forked from https://github.com/openbmc/openbmc
and I found a problem is :
I input the user password in the login screen, and enter the web,then I Operate some menus ,All of a sudden,the screen will jumps back to the login screen, and input the user password in the login screen,  enter the web again,
And will jumps back to the login screen Once again, the problem sometimes more than once.

And I found Operate the "sensors" menus View the Sensor List Trigger it Higher frequency.

I try update the webui-vue  “webui-vue_git.bb” of the SRCREV, but There is no effect, the problem is  still existence.
sorry to have troubled you so much!

Thanks !

[-- Attachment #2: C959AAE2-89EA-4EB4-BECE-B35E464A889C.png --]
[-- Type: image/png, Size: 22824 bytes --]

[-- Attachment #3: 84913189-6C46-4453-A642-5180E0367BA5.png --]
[-- Type: image/png, Size: 42230 bytes --]

* OpenBMC appear SQUASHFS error problem
@ 2021-12-15  3:46                         ` Landon
                                             ` (3 more replies)
From: Landon @ 2021-12-15  3:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: a.kartashev, fercerpav, openbmc

hello,
The error appear sometimes,  It doesn't always come up.
Do you know what the problem is ?

[   28.829750] proc: Bad value for 'hidepid'
[   29.253033] SQUASHFS error: xz decompression failed, data probably corrupt
[   29.260761] SQUASHFS error: squashfs_read_data failed to read block 0x1b3f8cc
[   29.268752] SQUASHFS error: Unable to read data cache entry [1b3f8cc]
[   29.275952] SQUASHFS error: Unable to read page, block 1b3f8cc, size cb60
[   29.283584] SQUASHFS error: Unable to read data cache entry [1b3f8cc]
[   29.290795] SQUASHFS error: Unable to read page, block 1b3f8cc, size cb60
[   29.298384] SQUASHFS error: Unable to read data cache entry [1b3f8cc]
[   29.305594] SQUASHFS error: Unable to read page, block 1b3f8cc, size cb60
[   29.313213] SQUASHFS error: Unable to read data cache entry [1b3f8cc]
[   29.320430] SQUASHFS error: Unable to read page, block 1b3f8cc, size cb60
[   29.328033] SQUASHFS error: Unable to read data cache entry [1b3f8cc]

Thanks !

[-- Attachment #2: 124BAEF9-CF2F-4E6E-A781-287E5B07A9D1.png --]
[-- Type: image/png, Size: 214959 bytes --]

* OpenBMC appear SQUASHFS error problem
@ 2021-12-15  5:36                           ` Landon
                                             ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Landon @ 2021-12-15  5:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: a.kartashev, fercerpav, openbmc

hello,
The error appear sometimes,  It doesn't always come up.
Do you know what the problem is ?

SQUASHFS error: Unable to read data cache entry [78bd0]
[   62.010694] SQUASHFS error: Unable to read page, block 78bd0, size ea3c
[   62.100491] Pid 2886(uptime) over core_pipe_limit
[   62.105790] Skipping core dump
[   62.289937] SQUASHFS error: Unable to read data cache entry [78bd0]
[   62.296993] SQUASHFS error: Unable to read page, block 78bd0, size ea3c
[   62.304567] SQUASHFS error: Unable to read data cache entry [78bd0]
[   62.311634] SQUASHFS error: Unable to read page, block 78bd0, size ea3c
[   62.341383] Pid 2917(uptime) over core_pipe_limit
[   62.346694] Skipping core dump
[   63.112244] SQUASHFS error: Unable to read data cache entry [78bd0]
[   63.119344] SQUASHFS error: Unable to read page, block 78bd0, size ea3c
[   63.126864] SQUASHFS error: Unable to read data cache entry [78bd0]
[   63.133984] SQUASHFS error: Unable to read page, block 78bd0, size ea3c
[   63.165121] SQUASHFS error: Unable to read data cache entry [78bd0]
[   63.172254] SQUASHFS error: Unable to read page, block 78bd0, size ea3c
[   63.179762] SQUASHFS error: Unable to read data cache entry [78bd0]
[   63.186776] SQUASHFS error: Unable to read page, block 78bd0, size ea3c
[   63.194787] SQUASHFS error: Unable to read data cache entry [78bd0]
[   63.201901] SQUASHFS error: Unable to read page, block 78bd0, size ea3c
[   63.209400] SQUASHFS error: Unable to read data cache entry [78bd0]
[   63.216420] SQUASHFS error: Unable to read page, block 78bd0, size ea3c
[   63.241311] Pid 3001(uptime) over core_pipe_limit
[   63.246613] Skipping core dump
[   63.260481] Pid 3002(uptime) over core_pipe_limit
[   63.265790] Skipping core dump
[   63.301857] SQUASHFS error: Unable to read data cache entry [78bd0]
[   63.308975] SQUASHFS error: Unable to read page, block 78bd0, size ea3c
[   63.316409] SQUASHFS error: Unable to read data cache entry [78bd0]
[   63.321494] Pid 2994(top) over core_pipe_limit
[   63.323485] SQUASHFS error: Unable to read page, block 78bd0, size ea3c
[   63.328408] Skipping core dump
[   63.473529] Pid 3006(uptime) over core_pipe_limit
[   63.478862] Skipping core dump
[   64.113244] SQUASHFS error: Unable to read data cache entry [78bd0]
[   64.120352] SQUASHFS error: Unable to read page, block 78bd0, size ea3c
[   64.127801] SQUASHFS error: Unable to read data cache entry [78bd0]
[   64.134906] SQUASHFS error: Unable to read page, block 78bd0, size ea3c
[   64.146664] SQUASHFS error: Unable to read fragment cache entry [86fe10]
[   64.154343] SQUASHFS error: Unable to read page, block 86fe10, size 9980
[   64.282607] Pid 3076(uptime) over core_pipe_limit
[   64.287895] Skipping core dump
[   65.023690] SQUASHFS error: Unable to read data cache entry [78bd0]

Thanks !

* Re: OpenBMC web sometimes jump back to the login screen problem
@ 2021-12-15 18:51                         ` Bills, Jason M
From: Bills, Jason M @ 2021-12-15 18:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openbmc

On 12/14/2021 8:21 PM, Landon wrote:
> hello,
>
> I use https://github.com/AspeedTech-BMC/openbmc
> <https://github.com/AspeedTech-BMC/openbmc> sdk v7.02 now,
> the Aspeed <https://github.com/AspeedTech-BMC/openbmc> openbmc is forked
> from https://github.com/openbmc/openbmc
> <https://github.com/openbmc/openbmc>
> and I found a problem is :
> I input the user password in the login screen, and enter the web,then I
> Operate some menus ,All of a sudden,the screen will jumps back to the
> login screen, and input the user password in the login screen,  enter
> the web again,
> And will jumps back to the login screen Once again, the problem
> sometimes more than once.
> And I found Operate the "sensors" menus View the Sensor List Trigger it
> Higher frequency.
>

> I try update the webui-vue  “webui-vue_git.bb” of the SRCREV, but There
> is no effect, the problem is still existence.
> sorry to have troubled you so much!
> Thanks !

Hi,

I have a similar issue that is fixed by this change:
https://gerrit.openbmc-project.xyz/c/openbmc/bmcweb/+/49318.

Please check if this change helps with your issue.  I think all we're
missing is test data to merge that, so if you have any data, it may help
with merging that change.

Thanks!
-Jason

* OpenBMC appear SQUASHFS error problem
@ 2021-12-16  3:19                           ` Landon
From: Landon @ 2021-12-16  3:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: a.kartashev, fercerpav, openbmc

@ 2021-12-16  7:05                       ` Landon
From: Landon @ 2021-12-16  7:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: jason.m.bills; +Cc: openbmc

@ 2021-12-17  6:39                           ` Landon
From: Landon @ 2021-12-17  6:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: a.kartashev, fercerpav, openbmc

hello,
can you help me ?
[...]

* Re: OpenBMC appear SQUASHFS error problem
                                             ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2021-12-17 13:09                           ` Patrick Williams
From: Patrick Williams @ 2021-12-17 13:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Landon; +Cc: fercerpav, openbmc, a.kartashev

On Wed, Dec 15, 2021 at 11:46:42AM +0800, Landon wrote:
> The error appear sometimes,  It doesn't always come up.
> Do you know what the problem is ?
>
> [   28.829750] proc: Bad value for 'hidepid'
> [   29.253033] SQUASHFS error: xz decompression failed, data probably corrupt
> [   29.260761] SQUASHFS error: squashfs_read_data failed to read block 0x1b3f8cc

The data in the SquashFS volume is corrupted.  By "the error appears sometimes"
do you mean that:

1. Sometimes you build an image and it is garbage but other times you build an
   image and it works fine?

2. Some machines can be flashed with an image and they work, but other machines
   can be flashed with an image and they fail?

3. The same machine can be flashed with an image and sometimes it works and
   sometimes it doesn't?

4. A machine can be flashed once and then some reboots work fine and some
   reboots do not?

#1 would likely be a problem with your flash layout where the squashfs is
getting corrupted by an earlier part of the image being too big.

#2-4 would likely be some hardware and/or SPI configuration issue.

I would likely try slowing down the SPI bus speeds and/or turning of QSPI if
you have that enabled to get something stable and then work from there.  If this
is a new board it is possible you have some SI issues on the SPI line
(reflections, bad capacitance, incorrect level shifter IC for SPI speeds, etc.).

--
Patrick Williams

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: OpenBMC web sometimes jump back to the login screen problem
@ 2021-12-17 13:10                         ` Patrick Williams
From: Patrick Williams @ 2021-12-17 13:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Landon; +Cc: jason.m.bills, openbmc

On Thu, Dec 16, 2021 at 03:05:10PM +0800, Landon wrote:

> I try update the webui-vue  “webui-vue_git.bb” of the SRCREV, but There is no effect, the problem is  still existence.
> sorry to have troubled you so much!

This seems just as likely to be caused by a bmcweb change as a webui-vue change.
If you're using a fork (Aspeed's tree) you're far less likely to be able to
update bmcweb without there being lots of other compatibility issues with
internal BMC services.

--
Patrick Williams

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* OpenBMC Switching function of web
@ 2022-01-21  3:12                           ` Landon
From: Landon @ 2022-01-21  3:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: patrick; +Cc: jason.m.bills, openbmc

hello~

I would like to ask openBMC how to realize the switch on and off function of Web, and what is the guidance ?
This is "Reboot"  and "shut down" for my web interface, and I want to "power on" and "shut down".
I transplant the “\meta-quanta\meta-q71l\recipes-phosphor\quanta-powerctrl”,generate "poweron.sh" and "poweroff.sh" in “/usr/bin”,
but Click on the web "shut down", it is no response.
so, how do I realize the switch function of web.

Thank you very much !

* OpenBMC Switching function of web
@ 2022-01-21  4:24                           ` Landon
From: Landon @ 2022-01-21  4:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: patrick, jason.m.bills, openbmc

hello~

I would like to ask openBMC how to realize the switch on and off function of Web, and what is the guidance ?
This is "Reboot"  and "shut down" for my web interface, and I want to "power on" and "shut down".
I transplant the “\meta-quanta\meta-q71l\recipes-phosphor\quanta-powerctrl”,generate "poweron.sh" and "poweroff.sh" in “/usr/bin”,
but Click on the web "shut down", it is no response.
so, how do I realize the switch function of web.

Thank you very much !

* Re: OpenBMC Switching function of web
@ 2022-01-24  8:24                             ` Landon
From: Landon @ 2022-01-24  8:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: patrick, jason.m.bills, openbmc

On 1/21/2022 12:24,Landon<cld795@163.com> wrote:

hello~

I would like to ask openBMC how to realize the switch on and off function of Web, and what is the guidance ?
This is "Reboot"  and "shut down" for my web interface, and I want to "power on" and "shut down".
I transplant the “\meta-quanta\meta-q71l\recipes-phosphor\quanta-powerctrl”,generate "poweron.sh" and "poweroff.sh" in “/usr/bin”,
but Click on the web "shut down", it is no response.
so, how do I realize the switch function of web.

Thank you very much !

* OpenBMC state manager problem
@ 2022-06-13  7:49                               ` Landon
From: Landon @ 2022-06-13  7:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: patrick, jason.m.bills, openbmc

hello~

now I use aspeed ast2600 openbmc.
At first, I set pwer state command: but failed!

root@ast2600-emmc:~# busctl set-property xyz.openbmc_project.State.Host /xyz/openbmc_project/state/host0 xyz.openbmc_project.State.Host CurrentHostState s "xyz.openbmc_project.State.Host.HostState.Off" Failed to set property CurrentHostState on interface xyz.openbmc_project.State.Host: The name is not activatable root@ast2600-emmc:~# busctl set-property xyz.openbmc_project.State.Host /xyz/openbmc_project/state/host0 xyz.openbmc_project.State.Host CurrentHostState s "xyz.openbmc_project.State.Host.HostState.Running" Failed to set property CurrentHostState on interface xyz.openbmc_project.State.Host: The name is not activatable

so I modify the "\meta-aspeed-sdk\meta-ast2600-sdk\conf\machine\ast2600-emmc.conf", remove the "x86-power-control"...  :
PREFERRED_PROVIDER_virtual/obmc-system-mgmt = "packagegroup-aspeed-obmc"
PREFERRED_PROVIDER_virtual/obmc-host-ipmi-hw = "phosphor-ipmi-kcs"
# I remove the 2 lines :
#VIRTUAL-RUNTIME_obmc-host-state-manager ?= "x86-power-control"
#VIRTUAL-RUNTIME_obmc-chassis-state-manager ?= "x86-power-control"
EXTRA_IMAGEDEPENDS:append = "\
   aspeed-image-recoveryuart \
   aspeed-image-emmcboot \

After,  I set pwer state command OK :
root@ast2600-emmc:~# busctl set-property xyz.openbmc_project.State.Host /xyz/openbmc_project/state/host0 xyz.openbmc_project.State.Host CurrentHostState s "xyz.openbmc_project.State.Host.HostState.Off" root@ast2600-emmc:~# busctl set-property xyz.openbmc_project.State.Host /xyz/openbmc_project/state/host0 xyz.openbmc_project.State.Host CurrentHostState s "xyz.openbmc_project.State.Host.HostState.Running"
but, after I update openbmc for the lastest the version, it can't enter the system.

and I open the 2 lines :
VIRTUAL-RUNTIME_obmc-host-state-manager ?= "x86-power-control"
VIRTUAL-RUNTIME_obmc-chassis-state-manager ?= "x86-power-control"
the system is OK.
but, the "x86-power-control" is disable, I set pwer state command is failed !
root@ast2600-emmc:~# busctl set-property xyz.openbmc_project.State.Host /xyz/openbmc_project/state/host0 xyz.openbmc_project.State.Host CurrentHostState s "xyz.openbmc_project.State.Host.HostState.Off"

Failed to set property CurrentHostState on interface xyz.openbmc_project.State.Host: The name is not activatable root@ast2600-emmc:~# busctl set-property xyz.openbmc_project.State.Host /xyz/openbmc_project/state/host0 xyz.openbmc_project.State.Host CurrentHostState s "xyz.openbmc_project.State.Host.HostState.Running" Failed to set property CurrentHostState on interface xyz.openbmc_project.State.Host: The name is not activatable
so how to solve the problem for the set pwer state command ?
Thank you very much !

[-- Attachment #2: ECB5178C-A5CB-49DF-8700-240B3D4ADA34.png --]
[-- Type: image/png, Size: 74026 bytes --]

[-- Attachment #3: D516BB7B-1C02-4D0C-A7B7-6C6EBD032EDB.png --]
[-- Type: image/png, Size: 315630 bytes --]

* OpenBMC state manager problem
@ 2022-06-13  8:13                               ` Landon
From: Landon @ 2022-06-13  8:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: patrick, jason.m.bills, openbmc

[...]

[    8.025630] systemd[1]: Hostname set to .
[    8.034897] systemd[1]: Initializing machine ID from random generator.
[    8.182435] systemd-sysv-generator[179]: SysV service '/etc/init.d/bmc-watchdog' lacks a native systemd unit file. Automatically generating a unit file for compatibility. Please update package to include a native systemd unit file, in order to make it more safe and robust.
[    8.210534] systemd-sysv-generator[179]: SysV service '/etc/init.d/ipmidetectd' lacks a native systemd unit file. Automatically generating a unit file for compatibility. Please update package to include a native systemd unit file, in order to make it more safe and robust.
[    8.238552] systemd-sysv-generator[179]: SysV service '/etc/init.d/ipmiseld' lacks a native systemd unit file. Automatically generating a unit file for compatibility. Please update package to include a native systemd unit file, in order to make it more safe and robust.
[    8.783127] systemd[1]: Failed to put bus name to hashmap: File exists
[    8.790587] systemd[1]: xyz.openbmc_project.State.Host@0.service: Two services allocated for the same bus name xyz.openbmc_project.State.Host0, refusing operation.
[    9.136389] systemd[1]: /lib/systemd/system/host-poweron.service:3: Failed to add dependency on obmc-chassis-poweroff@0.target.requires, ignoring: Invalid argument
[    9.155891] systemd[1]: /lib/systemd/system/host-reset.service:3: Failed to add dependency on obmc-chassis-poweroff@0.target.requires, ignoring: Invalid argument
[    9.689673] systemd[1]: /lib/systemd/system/phosphor-ipmi-net@.socket:3: Invalid interface name, ignoring: sys-subsystem-net-devices-%i.device
[    9.711232] systemd[1]: /lib/systemd/system/phosphor-ipmi-net@.socket:3: Invalid interface name, ignoring: sys-subsystem-net-devices-%i.device
[    9.770316] systemd[1]: Failed to isolate default target: Unit xyz.openbmc_project.State.Host@0.service failed to load properly, please adjust/correct and reload service manager: File exists
[!!!!!!] Failed to isolate default target.
[    9.954507] systemd[1]: Freezing execution.
[   35.674323] SDHCI0 Vcc: disabling
[   35.678049] SDHCI1 Vcc: disabling
[   35.681750] SDHCI1 VccQ: disabling

and I open the 2 lines :

@ 2022-06-14  1:58                                 ` Landon
From: Landon @ 2022-06-14  1:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: patrick, jason.m.bills, openbmc

@ 2022-06-15  7:42                                   ` Landon
From: Landon @ 2022-06-15  7:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: patrick, jason.m.bills, openbmc, a.kartashev, fercerpav

---- Replied Message ----
| From | Landon<cld795@163.com> |
| Date | 6/14/2022 09:58 |
| To | patrick@stwcx.xyz<patrick@stwcx.xyz> ,
jason.m.bills@linux.intel.com<jason.m.bills@linux.intel.com> ,
openbmc@lists.ozlabs.org<openbmc@lists.ozlabs.org> |
| Subject | OpenBMC state manager problem |

* RE: OpenBMC state manager problem
@ 2022-06-16  7:34                                 ` CHLI30
From: CHLI30 @ 2022-06-16  7:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Landon, patrick, jason.m.bills, openbmc, CHLI30

Hi Landon,
According your question, provide some suggestions for you refer it.

You can check journal log first for keyword “power-control” to debug why your x86-power-control cannot be activated.
BTW, x86-power-control uses default json file (power-config-host0.json) for GPIO configuration.
You also need to check this json file according your hardware.

For busctl set command debugging, you can use dbus-monitor to get more information why the name of property/interface is not activatable.

Best regards,
Tim
[cid:image001.png@01D88195.67F688F0]

[...]

[cid:image002.png@01D88195.67F688F0]
and I open the 2 lines :
[...]

The privileged confidential information contained in this email is intended for use only by the addressees as indicated by the original sender of this email. If you are not the addressee indicated in this email or are not responsible for delivery of the email to such a person, please kindly reply to the sender indicating this fact and delete all copies of it from your computer and network server immediately. Your cooperation is highly appreciated. It is advised that any unauthorized use of confidential information of Nuvoton is strictly prohibited; and any information in this email irrelevant to the official business of Nuvoton shall be deemed as neither given nor endorsed by Nuvoton.