From: Richard Weinberger <richard@nod.at>
To: u-boot@lists.denx.de
Subject: [U-Boot] [Bug & Question] ubifs does not understand ".." in file path ?
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2018 12:18:33 +0200	[thread overview]

Marek,

Am Freitag, 13. Juli 2018, 10:53:48 CEST schrieb Marek Vasut:
> On 07/13/2018 10:15 AM, Richard Weinberger wrote:
> > Am Freitag, 13. Juli 2018, 10:00:23 CEST schrieb Marek Vasut:
> >> CCing Richard, btw ubifs in U-Boot is completely broken.
> >
> > BTW: Can you please define "completely broken"?
> >
> > Last week it used to work here. ;)
>
> Did you fix it ? Last time we discussed this, about a month ago, you
> mentioned the ubifs code is completely broken and I had massive problems
> with it myself.

Well, this is not what I said on IRC.
The u-boot "bindings" are not nice but functional.
We saw over the last time a few ubifs_assert() triggering, these triggered since
ever but nobody noticed. The loglevel rework just exposed them.

So yes, there are things that need improving but calling the whole thing as broken
is false.
For the ".." issue, here someone has to sit down and either make sure that all filesystems
in u-boot get this handled in a generic way or hack it directly into the ubifs code.
I prefer the former...

Thanks,
//richard