Mike (mwester) wrote: > Tom Rini wrote: >> On Wed, Mar 04, 2009 at 10:06:21PM -0600, Mike (mwester) wrote: >> >>> 70 patches on the list???? >>> >>> I presume somebody is making a point with this. Yes, ok, _I_ get it - >>> reading the emails on the list using a cell phone and gprs connection >>> and tiny screen REALLY REALLY Reallly SUCKS when the mailing list also >>> used as a patch review list. >> Actually, the point is the opposite. Spamming the list where everyone >> is means bugs get caught and working-but-incorrect things get pointed >> out. > > Yes, in the *NORMAL* case that would be true. Seven patches - fine, > that would work. 10x more than that? - that's clearly a case where > clear thinking would put the changes on a branch and have it reviewed > there. (Which is exactly what recent discussions here have been about, > hence my conclusion that this patch-mega-bomb was intended to make a > point about that discussion.) > > 70 patches? Come on, who's going to extract and apply 70 patches from > email? Not likely! I would also suggest that before sending large patch sets to the list, use git rebase --interactive to combine patches. For review we want to see what the changes are, not how you created the changes. I do know some people do not like to lose their history though. And I hope that 70 patches is not a regular occurrence. Philip