Stephen Smalley wrote: >> My preference is filling up the undefined access vectores with >> policydb.allow_unknown. It seems to me quite natural. > > I believe that is what the kernel does during policy load, by defining > the policydb->undefined_perms[] array. Oops, I misread the kernel code. >> Userspace object managers also have same issue. >> Now it's unclear for me what is the preferable behavior. >> For example, how should it handle the db_database:{superuser} >> on the older security policy? It is useful for userspace object manager, if libselinux has an interface something like: int security_deny_unknown(void); This interface can suggest applications preferable behavior when string_to_security_class() or string_to_av_perm() returns invalid value which means the security policy does not define required ones. Thanks, -- OSS Platform Development Division, NEC KaiGai Kohei