I've been hacking on a espressobin board to try to improve ptp support, etc.  However, I have a big problem with link detection on the wan, lan0 and lan1 ports. I have a standard bridge configuration using systemd-networkd.  Currently, I'm working with linux v4.20.2. From power on, none of the wan, lan0, lan1 or br0 achieve link (LOWER_UP).  networkctl shows no carrier for these ports.  Disconnecting and reconnecting cables is not detected and makes no difference to link state.  I  added a debug printout in mv88e6352_port_link_state, but the routine is not called.  As far as I can tell, link state changes are not detected using PHY interrupts.  And yet, if the card is rebooted, link detection seems to magically work. I know that the 88E6341 port registers detect port link (also RJ45 LED) correctly. The attached patch fixes link detection at power on.  However, link state still doesn't update if a cable is disconnected or moved. I'm puzzled as to how this is supposed to work.  Thoughts? Regards, Dave Anglin -- John David Anglin dave.anglin@bell.net