Avi Kivity wrote: > Gregory Haskins wrote: >> (Applies to Linus' tree, b4348f32dae3cb6eb4bc21c7ed8f76c0b11e9d6a) >> >> Please see patch 1/3 for a description. This has been tested with a KVM >> guest on x86_64 and appears to work properly. Comments, please. >> > > What about the hypercalls in include/asm/kvm_para.h? > > In general, hypercalls cannot be generic since each hypervisor > implements its own ABI. Please see the prologue to 1/3. Its all described there, including a use case which I think answers your questions. If there is still ambiguity, let me know. > The abstraction needs to be at a higher level (pv_ops is such a level). Yep, agreed. Thats exactly what this series is doing, actually. -Greg