From: Achim Ehrlich <aehrlich@taskit.de>
To: u-boot@lists.denx.de
Subject: [U-Boot] Timeout in tftp.c
Date: Thu, 14 May 2009 17:17:08 +0200	[thread overview]

Jean-Christophe PLAGNIOL-VILLARD schrieb:
> On 13:37 Wed 13 May     , Achim Ehrlich wrote:
>> Jens Gehrlein schrieb:

>>> Hi Achim,
>>>
>>> I'm interested in this, too. I observed timeouts on ARM11 (MX31),
>>> but couldn't do any investigation due to other projects.
>>>
>> I'm working on a custom developed board with AT91Sam9G20 and on the
>> current at91-tree of u-boot, so all new. I will do further work this
>> afternoon on this issue.
> which value do you put in the CONFIG_SYS_HZ?
>
> if you can send patch we could take a look on this
>
> Best Regards,
> J.

My value was at 1000000. Switching back to 1000 didn't solve my problem,
but instead causes erase and write operations on nand flash to timeout
as well. My u-boot was built on commit
03bab0091948196b9558248684c04f60943ca4b5 of the at-91 tree. Rebasing it
to the current version with the changed timer code caused u-boot to not
boot at all on my hardware. I just made a simple board port and didn't
change much, but I add my diff against u-boot-at91 anyway. It should
work on the Atmel Board as well, but I don't own any.
Thank you for your help

Achim

--
product manager