From: Cam Macdonell <cam@cs.ualberta.ca>
To: qemu-devel@nongnu.org
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Passing fds through a qemu char device
Date: Fri, 22 May 2009 16:32:32 -0600	[thread overview]

Hi,

I'm trying to pass eventfds between qemu processes and I'm trying to use
a qemu char device to do this.  AFAICT with a qemu_chr_device the
polling handler only has support to call read()/write(), not
send/recvmsg() which are necessary to send and receive fds with
SCM_RIGHTS through the socket.  Is this true or is there support in Qemu
for recvmsg() that I'm not seeing?

If not, some options I can see are to add qemu support for
qemu_chr_recvmsg() to call on the char device.  Or I can simply manage
the socket outside of qemu_chr_device, but the polling is helpful for
notifications and I'd prefer to leverage qemu's existing support for that.

Thanks,
Cam