* the right time to run my super-duper, kernel cleanup scripts?
@ 2009-06-13 13:10 Robert P. J. Day
From: Robert P. J. Day @ 2009-06-13 13:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

  i figure it's almost time to annoy the crap out of everyone again by
running my standard source "cleanup" scripts to track down things
like, well, this:

http://www.crashcourse.ca/wiki/index.php/Kernel_cleanup

  i'm thinking that the right time is after the chaos of the merge
window is mostly over so ... once rc1 is out?  is that about the right
time to give any fixes a chance to settle?

rday

p.s.  given that most of my scripts are simple variations of one
another and share a bunch of common code, it would probably be simple
to tweak them to look for other stuff, if anyone wants to suggest it.

Linked In:                             http://www.linkedin.com/in/rpjday

* Re: the right time to run my super-duper, kernel cleanup scripts?
@ 2009-06-13 17:49 ` H. Peter Anvin
From: H. Peter Anvin @ 2009-06-13 17:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

Robert P. J. Day wrote:
>   i figure it's almost time to annoy the crap out of everyone again by
> running my standard source "cleanup" scripts to track down things
> like, well, this:
>
> http://www.crashcourse.ca/wiki/index.php/Kernel_cleanup
>
>   i'm thinking that the right time is after the chaos of the merge
> window is mostly over so ... once rc1 is out?  is that about the right
> time to give any fixes a chance to settle?

Yes, run that stuff on -rc1 and then notify people to fix it.