* {wanted] support for PDTV001 dual tuner PCI DVB-T card [EC188/EC100 and 2x MxL5003S]
@ 2009-06-14 10:48 Simon Kenyon
From: Simon Kenyon @ 2009-06-14 10:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-media

just bought one of these on the off-chance that it might work
i did not know what chips were on the car when i bought it
but at €17 for a dual tuner dvb-t pci card i reckoned it was worth a try
i have looked at the card and it has:

the e3c EC188/EC100 pair of pci chips
a pair of MaxLinear MxL5003S silicon tuners

it seems that there is support for the tuners but i only found support
for the EC168 USB chip set.

is there any prospect of support for this card? i don't think i could
write it myself but i certainly could test it.

regards
--
simon

* Re: {wanted] support for PDTV001 dual tuner PCI DVB-T card [EC188/EC100 and 2x MxL5003S]
@ 2009-06-14 16:13 ` Antti Palosaari
From: Antti Palosaari @ 2009-06-14 16:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Simon Kenyon; +Cc: linux-media

On 06/14/2009 01:48 PM, Simon Kenyon wrote:
> just bought one of these on the off-chance that it might work
> i did not know what chips were on the car when i bought it
> but at €17 for a dual tuner dvb-t pci card i reckoned it was worth a try
> i have looked at the card and it has:
>
> the e3c EC188/EC100 pair of pci chips
> a pair of MaxLinear MxL5003S silicon tuners

EC188 chip contains PCI -bridge and integrated EC100 demodulator. Just
like EC168 that is USB equivalent interface chip.

> it seems that there is support for the tuners but i only found support
> for the EC168 USB chip set.

Tuners are supported and also demodulator part have some kind of base
driver in my EC168 devel tree. Someone should write PCI -bridge driver.
I don't have any PCI -experience and I am not very motivated even
finalize EC188/EC100 due to lack of specs.

> is there any prospect of support for this card? i don't think i could
> write it myself but i certainly could test it.

In my understanding, no one is working for that currently.

regards
Antti
--
http://palosaari.fi/