From: CityK <cityk@rogers.com>
To: Hans Verkuil <hverkuil@xs4all.nl>
Cc: linux-media@vger.kernel.org
Subject: Re: [Bulk] V4L-DVB Summit Day 3
Date: Fri, 02 Oct 2009 13:56:25 -0400	[thread overview]

Hans Verkuil wrote:
> I made the following list:

> This is a temporary mailinglist where we can post and review patches during
> prototyping of the mc API. We don't want to flood the linux-media list with
> those patches since that is already quite high-volume.
>
> The mailinglist should be active, although I couldn't find it yet from
> www.googlegroups.com. I'm not sure if it hasn't shown up yet, or if I did
> something wrong.

I'm scratching my head on this one.  Seems the last thing that is needed
is YET another mailing list.  Further, it
- fractures the development community.
- persons unaware of the decision, and whom might be interested, would
never find it . i.e. alienation
- disinterested parties can simply hit the delete key and not bother
with the message
- blah blah blah ..

PS.  In regards to yesterday's business announcements, I hope your new
forthcoming overlords are as kind to you as your last