From: Julius Schwartzenberg <julius@zgod.cjb.net>
To: linux-bluetooth@vger.kernel.org
Subject: Logitech Bluetooth mouse batteries drain quickly
Date: Tue, 03 Nov 2009 00:47:32 +0100	[thread overview]

Hi,

I have a rather strange problem. I bought a Logitech Bluetooth mouse
some time ago. It works very well in Ubuntu and I never had any usage
problems.

The strange thing is though, that the batteries that are inside the
mouse drain extremely quickly. I compared the time it takes the mouse to
drain a set full batteries to my flatmate's who uses the exact same
mouse with Mac OS X. It turns out that my batteries drain about four
times as quickly as his.

I didn't test much else. May be the problem could also be related to my
Bluetooth "receiver" which is a Broadcom BCM2046.

I suspect however that Bluez is somehow talking with the device in such
a way the mouse doesn't sleep as quickly as when Mac OS X talks to it.
Could this somehow be the case? If so, what could I do to help solve
this with Bluez?

Thanks a lot in advance,
Julius