From: Denis BUCHER <dbucherml@hsolutions.ch>
To: Stephen Smalley <sds@tycho.nsa.gov>, Daniel J Walsh <dwalsh@redhat.com>
Cc: selinux@tycho.nsa.gov
Subject: Re: No such file or directory: '/etc/selinux/targeted/contexts/files/file_contexts.homedirs'
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 18:36:32 +0100	[thread overview]

Dear Stephen, Dear Daniel,

Le 23.02.2010 17:29, Stephen Smalley a écrit :
>> # usermod -d<path>  <user>
>>
>> /usr/sbin/genhomedircon: [Errno 2] No such file or directory:
>> '/etc/selinux/targeted/contexts/files/file_contexts.homedirs'
>> usermod: warning: unable to relabel the homedir (...)
>>
>> But homedir was changed anyway...
>>
>> Just to let you know... (?)
>
> If you are using Fedora, then this would be best directed to
> selinux@lists.fedoraproject.org (formerly
> fedora-selinux-list@redhat.com).

Yes, in fact the error came only once and the change was commited
anyway, therefore it's more by curiosity than a real problem, but I
think it's always better to be sure ;-)

> It would help to identify your distribution, shadow-utils version,
> SELinux status (sestatus), etc.

I am using CentOS (for the first time, choice of our provider).
CentOS 5.4

# uname -a
Linux (server) 2.6.18-164.el5 #1 SMP Thu Sep 3 03:28:30 EDT 2009 x86_64
x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Installed Packages
Name       : shadow-utils
Arch       : x86_64
Epoch      : 2
Version    : 4.0.17
Release    : 14.el5

# sestatus
SELinux status:                 enabled
SELinuxfs mount:                /selinux
Current mode:                   permissive
Mode from config file:          disabled
Policy version:                 21
Policy from config file:        targeted

Le 23.02.2010 18:16, Daniel J Walsh a écrit :
 > Do you have SELinux enabled? Does the entire path exists?
 > /etc/selinux/targeted/contexts/files

# find /etc/selinux/targeted/contexts/
/etc/selinux/targeted/contexts/
/etc/selinux/targeted/contexts/netfilter_contexts

Sorry I know it looks strange but I am customising the server as
installed by the provider and in the past I never used SELinux...

Thanks a lot for your help :-) (And hope it will help others some day
too...)

Denis