On 03/30/2010 10:50 PM, Rafael J. Wysocki wrote: > So, I definitely would like to see numbers. With the patch attached, I get similar results for uncompressed image -> user.c -> s2disk (compress+threads) compressed image -> user.c -> s2disk (none of compress+threads) BUT note that there are differences in pages _copied_ in the "user.c -> s2disk" phase. Compression was about 40 %. So in the former case 100000 pages went through and in the latter one only ~ 38000. So presumably there will be savings if the pages are compressed in the kernel in the save-image phase instead of in userspace. I'll test (after I hack that up) also the case of image compression when saving the image and let you know. It was tested on a machine with openSUSE factory with init 5 with KDE 4. The memory consumption was ~ 400M (100000 pages) after boot every time. Hibernation lasted 12-13s in both cases. -- js