Philippe Gerum wrote: > On Thu, 2010-04-01 at 23:54 +0200, Jan Kiszka wrote: >> Philippe Gerum wrote: >>> The bottom line for me, is that T_PRIMARY, as a user-space visible >>> "feature" should be dropped at some point, and never ever considered as >>> a way to fix the RTDM syscall issue anymore. I don't mind saving an >>> extra-context switch even in what I think should be _rare_ cases, but >>> this has to be done in a way that does not introduce the same kind of >>> misunderstanding the eager mode switching allowed by rt_task_set_mode() >>> did in the past. >>> >>> Really, I'm convinced that an awful lot of people are currently running >>> under-performing at best, or even broken applications today, because of >>> that, thing. >> We are not discussing T_PRIMARY here. We are discussing something like >> an "rtdm_is_rt_capable()" addition for those _few_ RTDM drivers that >> actually want to provide Ianus-like services. >> > > Yes, we do discuss of T_PRIMARY in between the lines. > You can take it away, and the rtdm_is_rt_capable-approach would still work, but that without affecting existing designs. Jan