Good morning. I'm writing from Barcelona and English is not my born language, so I'd like to apologize in advance for any possible mistakes in my text. I'm a Windows user who has recently moved to Linux (Ubuntu 10.04), and I have a serious problem regarding my Hard Drives' File System. I have a desktop version of Ubuntu and I'm a complete regular user. I have two physical drives in my system: 1. 36GB: EXT4 partition for /, another EXT4 for /home and a SWAP one. 2. 1TB (for data) drive. I generate so much video and music data per month (AVI, MKV, MP3, WAV) because of my job, and need to copy it to external hard drives to ensure I don't lose any of it. My question is about the FS to use in these data drives. I currently have all of them in XFS fyle system. Every file I generate is saved in my internal XFS drive, and whenever the hd is almost full I copy the important files to External Hard Drives which are also formatted as XFS. My problem comes after reading a couple of posts from 2006 in some forums on the web. They said that XFS is very unsecure when a power failure happens and recommended EXT3 (EXT4 these days I guess). They said that after a power failure it's very common to see data loss (something that never happened to me in all my years using NTFS). As far as I know XFS is much more secure than NTFS so I don't really understand this issue. I assume these people were talking about systems which need to be continously writing to the disk, but my knowledge about this is very limited. Did I chose the correct FS for my drives? Thank you very much for your time.