* Help needed with TerraTec Cinergy T Stick Dual RC
@ 2010-06-13 13:43 Tuomas Kulve
From: Tuomas Kulve @ 2010-06-13 13:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-media

Hi,

I bought a TerraTec Cinergy T Stick Dual RC[1] which is not supported in
linux, AFAIK. The USB VID:PID is 0ccd:0099.

I didn't find much about it with google, so I opened it up. There are
five chips inside: AF9013-N1, AF9015A-N1, 2x MXL5007T and FM24C02 eeprom.

I'm not a kernel developer but I tried to add the correct USB PID to the
af9015 driver and modified it to attach the mxl5007t tuner (by following
the procedure in DiB0700 driver).

The DiB0700 driver uses 0x60 i2c address for MXL5007t tuner but I got
replies only from addresses 0x38, 0x39, 0xa0, 0xa1, 0xc0, and 0xc1 and
all with unknown chip id, so I'm probably doing it wrong.

Below is the kernel output when I plugin the USB DVB stick. It seems to
find the two tuners and tries to use the same i2c address for both as
I've hardcoded that in the attach function call.

usb 2-2: new high speed USB device using ehci_hcd and address 3
usb 2-2: New USB device found, idVendor=0ccd, idProduct=0099
usb 2-2: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=3
usb 2-2: Product: DVB-T 2
usb 2-2: Manufacturer: Afatech
usb 2-2: SerialNumber: 010101010600001
input: Afatech DVB-T 2 as /class/input/input5
generic-usb 0003:0CCD:0099.0003: input: USB HID v1.01 Keyboard [Afatech
DVB-T 2] on usb-0000:00:13.2-2/input1
dvb-usb: found a 'TerraTec Cinergy T Stick Dual RC' in cold state, will
try to load a firmware
usb 2-2: firmware: requesting dvb-usb-af9015.fw
dvb-usb: downloading firmware from file 'dvb-usb-af9015.fw'
dvb-usb: found a 'TerraTec Cinergy T Stick Dual RC' in warm state.
dvb-usb: will pass the complete MPEG2 transport stream to the software
demuxer.
DVB: registering new adapter (TerraTec Cinergy T Stick Dual RC)
af9013: firmware version:4.95.0
DVB: registering adapter 0 frontend 0 (Afatech AF9013 DVB-T)...
mxl5007t 6-0038: creating new instance
mxl5007t_get_chip_id: unknown rev (3d)
mxl5007t_get_chip_id: MxL5007T detected @ 6-0038
dvb-usb: will pass the complete MPEG2 transport stream to the software
demuxer.
DVB: registering new adapter (TerraTec Cinergy T Stick Dual RC)
af9013: found a 'Afatech AF9013 DVB-T' in warm state.
af9013: firmware version:4.95.0
DVB: registering adapter 1 frontend 0 (Afatech AF9013 DVB-T)...
mxl5007t 7-0038: creating new instance
mxl5007t_get_chip_id: unknown rev (3d)
mxl5007t_get_chip_id: MxL5007T detected @ 7-0038
dvb-usb: TerraTec Cinergy T Stick Dual RC successfully initialized and
connected.
usbcore: registered new interface driver dvb_usb_af9015

Any suggestions on how to move on?

[1]http://www.terratec.net/en/products/driver/produkte_treiber_en_105736.html

Tuomas

only message in thread, other threads:[~2010-06-13 14:01 UTC | newest]