From: Steve Dickson <SteveD@redhat.com>
To: Tigran Mkrtchyan <tigran.mkrtchyan@desy.de>
Subject: Re: Updated pNFS Developmental kernel repository
Date: Sat, 02 Oct 2010 12:49:50 -0400	[thread overview]

On 10/02/2010 08:45 AM, Tigran Mkrtchyan wrote:
> On 10/01/2010 09:57 PM, Steve Dickson wrote:
>>
>> On 10/01/2010 09:51 AM, Tigran Mkrtchyan wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Steve,
>>>
>>> thanks for the builds. What I am missing is modprobe configuration file
>>> which I have to add myself.
>>>
>> Unfortunately yes... I have not figured out a good way to have
>> the mobprobe done on the client since, in general, init scripts
>> don't run on the client (with the exception of rpc.statd and rpc.gssd).
>>
>> I guess I could come up with an pnfs init script..but that
>> seems like a bit overkill just to do a modprobe...
>>

> I include /etc/modprobe.d/nfsv41 into rpms  which I build for our
> systems (RHEL5) with following content:
>
> alias nfs-layouttype4-1 nfs_layout_nfsv41_files
> alias nfs-layouttype4-2 off
> alias nfs-layouttype4-3 off
>

> and following  into the spec file:
>
> %config(noreplace) /etc/modprobe.d/nfsv41
>
> I made it part of kernel rpm, but may be nfs-utils is more appropriate
> place.
Very cool... I try to incorporate this into the upcoming nfs-utils...

Because at the end of day, the distro "powers to be" are really
against more init scripts... more init script means a longer time
to boot... and it seems fast reboots are the new in thing to have...
(which is a good thing.. :-) )

steved.