Hi all, trying to pass some host device to a KVM guest (for driver hacking), I ran into massive IRQ sharing issues on the host. Classic device assignment refuses to work in this case. I remembered uio_pci_generic, which I thought was once designed to resolve this conflict. But it isn't used by KVM or qemu, is it? So I crossed fingers and hacked IRQF_SHARED into assigned_device_enable_host_intx. Effect as expected: assignment work, host gets massive hick-ups (the graphic adapter is another user of this line...). Are there already VFIO patches ready for testing that work with shared IRQs as well? And/or would it make sense to integrate IRQ sharing via PCI-level IRQ masking to the KVM core until VFIO becomes standard? Jan