On 31/10/2010 15:46, Neil Brown wrote: > On Sun, 31 Oct 2010 14:19:13 +0000 > John Robinson wrote: [...] >> Perhaps the man page needs updating then. [...] >> If I've got the above right (someone please correct me if I'm not) >> perhaps I could make a modest contribution (for a change) by updating/ >> patching the man page... > > That would certainly be appreciated. Your understanding appear to be > correct! Is the attached of any use? I started with 3.1.4. I've fixed a couple of typos as well as hopefully improving the explanations about backup files and reshapes, and added a couple of your remarks about metadata types from another thread. Some of the text was cribbed from your blog about reshaping. Cheers, John.