On 11/13/2010 1:13 AM, Ian Pratt wrote: >> > What do the guests use for storage? (e.g. "blktap2 for VHD files on >> an iscsi mounted ext3 volume") >> >> Simple sparse .img files on a local ext4 RAID volume, using "file:". > Ah, if you're using loop it may be that you're just filling memory > with dirty pages. Older kernels certainly did this, not sure about > newer ones. > > I'd be inclined to use blktap2 in raw file mode, with "aio:". > > Ian That makes sense. tap/tap2 didn't work for me in prior releases, so I had to stick to file. It seems to work now (well, tap2:tapdisk:aio does; tap:tapdisk:aio still doesn't), so I'll switch everything over to it, and cross my fingers. -John