Am 10.01.2011 22:06, Jan Kiszka wrote: >> kvmclock should be created with >> kvm_state as a parameter and kvm_vm_ioctl() is passed the stored >> reference. Taking a global reference to kvm_state in machine_init is >> not a bad thing, obviously the machine initialization function needs >> access to the kvm_state. > > This would also require changing sysbus interfaces for the sake of KVM's > "abstraction". If this is the only way forward, I could look into this. Actually, there is already a channel to pass pointers to qdev devices: the pointer property hack. I'm not sure we should contribute to its user base or take the chance for a cleanup, but we are not alone with this requirement. Point below remains valid, though. > > Still, I do not see any benefit for the affected code. You then either > need to "steal" a kvm_state reference from the first cpu or introduce a > marvelous interface like kvm_get_state() to make this work from outside > of the KVM core. > Jan