From: Patrick Lai <plai@codeaurora.org>
To: alsa-devel@alsa-project.org
Subject: Re: Question about your DSP topic branch
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2011 23:01:10 -0800	[thread overview]

Hi Liam,

I have two more questions about your DSP topic branch

7. I see in sdp4430.c, SDP4430 MODEM front-end dailink no_host_mode is
set to SND_SOC_DAI_LINK_NO_HOST. What is the purpose of no_host_mode?
Is it for use case that two physical devices can exchange audio data
without host-processor intervention? If so, if user-space application
tries to write to PCM buffer, will framework reject the buffer?

8. I see there is dmic codec(dmic.c) under sound/soc/codec which is
pretty much just a dummy codec driver. I supposed the configuration of
DMIC is done in other driver. Would it be better if we could have
something like fixed voltage regulator? So, there is no need to
duplicate the effort.

Look forward to seeing your reply soon

Thanks