* FOSDEM stand organization thread
@ 2011-01-06  8:23 Robert Schuster
From: Robert Schuster @ 2011-01-06  8:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

I intend to use this posts' thread for organizing the OpenEmbedded stand
for FOSDEM 2011. The event takes place on the weekend of the 5th and 6th
February.

I hijacked the FOSDEM 2011 OE-Wiki page[0] and added the necessary bits
to allow people signing up for the manning stand etc. If you can help
please add your name to any of the suggested lists.

Furthermore this thread is supposed to serve all remaining questions
regarding OE's FOSDEM 2011 participation.

First question by me? Do we still have printed OE flyers and the posters
around? If so, who has them and is this person attending? (If not I
suggest sending them to me or giving them to someone who goes to FOSDEM).

Note: Remember to book your tickets soon. The event is due in 4 weeks!

Regards,
Robert

[0] - http://wiki.openembedded.org/index.php/Fosdem_2011

* Re: FOSDEM stand organization thread
@ 2011-01-06  9:25 ` Frans Meulenbroeks
From: Frans Meulenbroeks @ 2011-01-06  9:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

2011/1/6 Robert Schuster <thebohemian@gmx.net>:
> Hi,
> I intend to use this posts' thread for organizing the OpenEmbedded stand
> for FOSDEM 2011. The event takes place on the weekend of the 5th and 6th
> February.

Thanks for taking this up~

> I hijacked the FOSDEM 2011 OE-Wiki page[0] and added the necessary bits
> to allow people signing up for the manning stand etc. If you can help
> please add your name to any of the suggested lists.

I don't consider the wiki page as hijacked.
Using the page for getting things organized etc etc is imho perfectly
within the scope of the page.
And it is a wiki so everyone is able to contribute.

I merely created the page as a copy of the 2010 page (editing out the
2010 specific bits).
This was needed as I asked ka6sox to update the news section and the
news section contains a link to the page.

> Furthermore this thread is supposed to serve all remaining questions
> regarding OE's FOSDEM 2011 participation.
>
> First question by me? Do we still have printed OE flyers and the posters
> around? If so, who has them and is this person attending? (If not I
> suggest sending them to me or giving them to someone who goes to FOSDEM).

I suspect the posters are with Florian.
If they are not available any more I *might* be able to get them reprinted.
In that case I probably *do* need some help from Leon (who printed the
previous set iirc) and I *do* need the sources.

> Note: Remember to book your tickets soon. The event is due in 4 weeks!

Tickets? for Fosdem? Ah you mean airline tickets.
I'll be traveling by car. Only 1 - 1.5 hr drive :-)

(and happy to take carpoolers from my area (SW of Eindhoven) or
carpool with someone else passing by on the A67 (I live between
Eindhoven and Antwerp).

I can also bring some stuff, but probably nothing extremely exciting.
I have: eeepc/sheevaplug/openrd-client/beagleboard/beagleboard-xm/hawkboard,
as well as media renderer devices)
If I need to bring something, let me know.

Frans

@ 2011-01-09 11:39 ` Robert Schuster
From: Robert Schuster @ 2011-01-09 11:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

I have some more questions: Who has the sheet that we used as table
cloth for the stand last year? Will it be brought to FOSDEM'11?

Could we get a second one for our 2nd table?

Regards
Robert

@ 2011-01-25 18:20   ` Florian Boor
From: Florian Boor @ 2011-01-25 18:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Robert Schuster; +Cc: openembedded-devel

Hi Robert,

just found this mail I forgot to answer :-{

Am 09.01.2011 12:39, schrieb Robert Schuster:
> I have some more questions: Who has the sheet that we used as table
> cloth for the stand last year? Will it be brought to FOSDEM'11?

I have it and I plan to attend FOSDEM this year. I have to admit that it's not
entirely clear if I'll make it.

> Could we get a second one for our 2nd table?

Sounds like a good idea, we should have the money to do so but where did we get
the first one?

Greetings

Florian

--
The dream of yesterday                  Florian Boor
is the hope of today                    Tel: +49 271-771091-15

* Re: FOSDEM stand organization thread
@ 2011-01-25 18:49     ` Marcin Juszkiewicz
From: Marcin Juszkiewicz @ 2011-01-25 18:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

Dnia wtorek, 25 stycznia 2011 o 19:20:23 Florian Boor napisał(a):

> I plan to attend FOSDEM this year. I have to admit that it's not entirely
> clear if I'll make it.

I hope that you will manage ;) Otherwise who will get all those interesting
devices and flyers?

JID:      hrw@jabber.org
Website:  http://marcin.juszkiewicz.com.pl/
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/marcinjuszkiewicz