Hello, On 02/24/2011 01:01 PM, Peter Kruse wrote: > it took a while to find a date for a reboot... Unfortunately > it was not possible to get the early boot messages with the > kernel 2.6.32.23 since the compiled in log buffer is too > small. So we installed as you suggested a more recent kernel > 2.6.32.29 with a bigger log buffer, I attach the dmesg > of that, and hope that the information in there is useful. > We will keep an eye on that server with the newer kernel > to see if the allocation failures appear again. the server was running for a few without any more allocation failures with kernel 2.6.32.29 but at one point the server stopped responding, it was still possible for a while to get a login, and trying to kill some processes but that didn't succeed. But after that even login was no longer possible so we had to reset it. I attach the call trace, I hope you can find out what is the problem. thanks, Peter